Prologue

1985

"WAKE UP!" Lucas yells in my ear after many failed attempts at waking me up for work.

I groggily get out of bed, "Okay I'm up so get out" I grab my uniform and go in my bathroom to brush my teeth, wash my face, and do all my other business. I walk out to see Lucas and Erica still in my room.

"What now? Let me guess, you want me to take you to the mall?" I question them both.

"That and I need you to take me to the pool with you tomorrow" Erica answers.

"Alright, go get dressed 'cause I'm not waiting once I get in the car" I warn, making them run to get dressed.

I love my siblings and to think if El hadn't have found me, we wouldn't be together. All of this started when my Mom thought it would be a good idea to leave me with her sister until she and my father get their lives together.

As it turned out, I ended up getting kidnapped from the park while my Aunt wasn't watching.

Damn, I missed the birth of Erica and I'm so lucky that she accepted me being her big sister. We pick on Lucas together, but sometimes I team up with him on her.
God, I'm lucky.

I shake those thoughts from my head and grab my car keys.

AT THE POOL

I'm at the lifeguard stand watching the kids carefully and I see the housewives all put on makeup and adjust what they don't have. I chuckle softly and shake my head, what idiots.

"Bye Heather," I say after seeing her get off her stand.

"Bye Z'Riyah" she responds and walks off into the locker room to change and go home.

That explains the wives actions, Billy has the next shift and they LOVE to flirt with my man.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, there he is now. Billy walks out of the locker room and it feels like everything is in slow motion, his eyes scan the area until they settle on me. He smirks at the fact that I was already staring at him and picks up his pace a little.

"Hey, Mrs. Wheeler" He greets as he walks past her.

"Hi Billy" She tries and fails to be seductive making me roll my eyes at her stupidity.

Billy finally makes his way to me and smiles I get down from my post and close the space.

"Hey, beautiful" He greets in that deep voice of his that makes me week in the knees.

"Hey, handsome" I respond still slightly in a trance.

He chuckles and pulls me closer to him, "Come here, I missed you"

I smirk, "You saw me last night"

"That was too long ago, but now that you're here..." Billy kisses me softly and slowly.

"Okay, Billy we have work to do," I giggle at his discouraged expression and get back on my post, "We can go to Starcourt after and watch Back to the Future"

He gets on his post next to mine and puts his sunglasses on, "Sure, but you're closing up"

"Okay, I'm fine with that we close at 6 anyway and I have to take my siblings home so I'm taking my car"

"Okay, fine by me"

AFTER CLOSE

I get dressed and check around to make sure we got all supplies put back up, when I'm done I lock up and meet Billy out by the gate.

"You ready, Z?" Billy asks.

(A/n mini-chapter for you guys)