Chapter 51

Beastboy P.O.V
I fell onto the floor in exhaustion, damn that took a long time, we finally finished decorating the arena and we did a pretty good job if I do say so myself.

Cyborg was with Rob doing some last minute touch ups, Star was chatting with the Superior Witches and it seemed they had some chemistry, I mean who doesn't like Star, and Jinx was sitting by herself in one of the seats in the first row.

Maybe I should go talk to her.

"Jinx!"She looked up at me, smiled and waved, I took a seat next to her and slowly saw her body language change.

It was creepy, like bitch had me getting goosebumps.

Her whole body was facing me and she was leaning towards me, her hand slowly laid on mine, her magenta eyes twinkled with mischief and with her flirtatious grin she said-

"Beastboy! What's wrong?"I shake my head.

"Nothing, I thought you'd be lonely so I came to join ya"A light pink glow coated Jinx's cheeks as she started to fiddle with her fingers, a small giggle escaped her lips.

"How considerate.."She mumbled with a soft smile, I blinked in disbelief.

They weren't kidding when they said she had a crush on me, how didn't I notice?

Am such an idiot.

But hey, that just goes to show I'm a ladies' man.😎

"Oi!"Selena came running in with the cake in her hands. "I..got...the cake"She said in between breaths.

I stood up and quickly took the cake from her, Selena wiped the sweat off her forehead.

Damn, she looks like she got mauled by a mountain lion.

"Fuck...never doing that again"Selena sat down on the floor and slouched as she caught her breath. "How're the decorations?"

"All done, take a look around"Robin motioned to the arena, Selena tilted her head up and looked around, she whistled as she gazed.

"You've really outdone yourselves this time"I smiled proudly. "Oh yeah"She turned to me. "Have you called Raven yet?"I shook my head.

"No, why?"My smile faded.

Did she ask around where I was?

"Just wondering, it's been a long time since she woke up and found you missing"

Oh, fuck! She's right!

Rae's probably stressed out! Am such a bad boyfriend! Why am I stressing her out on her birthday?! AM SORRY RAE! I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU MY LOVE!

"Where's Rae?!"I said, my hand pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"She should be training with Salem but she should be done around..."Selena took her phone out of her pocket. "Now"I nod.

I start to point my nose in the air, trying to find out if she's nearby. Eventually, I caught a whiff of her scent and for a few seconds, I got distracted.

It's always a blessing to smell that.

A small smile spreads on my face, her scent gets closer and my body wants to start walking towards the direction it was coming from but I have to stop myself.

We must stay focused brothers💪.

"S-She's coming"I said, Cyborg nods and presses a few buttons on the screen that was implanted into his wrist.

"Put the cake on the table!"I pass the cake to Starfire who flew over to the table and placed the cake in the centre.

"Is everything done? Food?"Selena started.

"Check"Robin answered.

"Drinks?"

"Done!"Starfire licked the icing off her fingers.

"Presents?"

"All good"Cyborg was still typing away at the screen, what the hell is he doing?

"Music?"

"We have that covered"Lilith gave a thumbs up, Selena stood up and dusted herself off.

"Everything should be ready then, now we wait for Salem to bring her over here and-"

Raven's scent just got way stronger! She's close!

"She's here!"I said and took a run for it, we all went into our hiding spots and waited for Raven to enter.

This is going to be the best surprise birthday party ever!