Shots fired

Mario walked though the now deserted battle grounds, patches of burned grounds seemed to infest the bright green grass. Luigi kicked a rock over, jumping back to make sure no enemies could jump him. When he found nothing, he sighed in relief.

Luigi looked over at Mario "no koopas or goombas here, bro!"

Mario nodded in affirmation, he looked at the distant horizon where the big guy left. Mario did a small, content smile and nodded once more "they're all gone! I'm sure of it"

Mario chuckled to himself. Of corse bowser, king of the koopas, would run from him after losing.

This was not the first time they have fought. Bowser was always a thorn in Mario and princess peaches kingdoms side. A large man, with a large shell filled to the brim with spikes and scales harder then the stone floors, he was a great opponent against Mario. Both strong, both hot headed, and both stubborned, it seemed the star gods themselves created them to be rivals. Only difference being that Mario had a brother and was much shorter, unlike the king who only had his tall self.

Mario looked over to Luigi, who was kicking some rocks around. Luigi glanced over at Mario and did a smile back.

Mario walked over to Luigi and said "lets go back home! I'm sure princess peach will want to hear what happened today"

Luigi nodded. Digging though his hat, he took out a tiny, green pipe and tossed it to the ground. Luigi jumped on the pipe and was about to fall right into the hole when they both heard large, metallic steps. Mario stopped in his tracks and looked over to where the noise was heard. Luigi stopped at also looked over where his brother eyes were. There was a small silence between the two. Mario turned and was about to jump onto the pipe when he heard the noise again. It made a small swoon followed by a small thump.

Mario and Luigi looked over again. Luigi glanced at his brother who got more of a serious face on. "Uh bro.. i thought you said all of the enemies were gone" Mario glanced at his brother before looking back. Jumping off of the pipe, he fixed his hat and started walking, mumbling a small "i thought they were all gone"

The mumble was low enough to where only Luigi could hear. Luigi made a nervous noise before jumping off of the pipe and letting it disappear. He quickly caught up to Mario and followed behind, making a small squeak as every thump was made. They made their way thought the thick trees and into an opening. The opening were filled with power-up flowers. They grew along the wavy hills of the clearing, ranging from ice to bomb flowers, it seemed there were many kind in one area. Luigi looked a little confused. There shouldnt be this many types of flowers in one area. There should be an array of fire flowers at most and only a small patch at least.

Something felt off, and Mario could feel the uneasiness of Luigi slowly growing as he looked around. And then they saw it.

Large robots appeared from the trees, holding to large crates that were empty. They started to pick the flowers, sorting them into certain crates. The robots were strange ones to say the least. Having a much more shine to them, having colors of faded red, blues and yellows. They were quite bulky to say the lease, the arms and legs bearing a cylinder like design, the bodies being much rounder- almost egglike- in design, and heads that were more bowled shape. As Mario and Luigi watched these odd robots, they noticed a small  symbol on the backs of the robots. A small, red symbol of a man case with A large grin and spikes on the side of the face.

Luigi looked at Mario and whispered "do you know that symbol?"

Mario thought for a bit. It did look similar to another symbol, that of Fawfuls. There were two issues with that however, one being that Fawful was dead to his knowledge and the other behind that the symbol on the robots lacked the swirls in the eyes. The color scheme did look like bowser but if it was bowsers, he or one of his lackeys would be here themselves watching over the entire operation. Mario shook his head. Defiantly not one of the villains he knew before, unless they got a new coat of paint or a completely different plan. Highly unlikely however.

Mario huffed. Whoever they were, if they're farming for power-ups, then they obviously are planning something evil. No normal person would just grow a power-up garden with robots in what looks to be the middle of a forest. Mario looked at Luigi with a more fiery look, Luigi looked back. Luigi wanted to say something but Mario jumped right in, leaving Luigi fumbling though his words.

The robots heads turned to Mario as Mario jumped up and kicked one of the robots. The robot, caught off guard, stumbled back. Quickly before Mario could react the robots arms turned into guns as shots fired.

Mario jumped upwards and jumped off of one of the robots, denting the head, and kicked another right in the face. He jumped off of the robot and grabbed one of the fire flowers, using the power-up as he became fire Mario.

His Hands became flames, punching though one of the robots. The robot exploded as he jumped onto the next one and punched that clean though. He looked behind him as the robot fell to see another starting to shoot. Mario jumped out of the way and looked over to see Luigi hit the robots head clean off with his hammer.

Luigi looked at Mario and tossed him his hammer. Luigi took out another and started to smash though the next few robots.

They continued this dance of death until one of the robots made a strange wine noise, causing the others to stop and look over.

Mario and Luigi looked up to see flying bots shooting down at them. Mario quickly took two out with fireballs, the rest landing on the baskets filled with power ups and flying quicker then Mario had ever seen a robot fly. He tried to hit another with a fireball but it quickly dodged. Luigi was about to run after these flying bots when the remaining ones kept them back. Mario and luigi looked at each other, nodding. Mario and luigi grabbed onto each other and did one of their bro moves, spinning around in a fiery tornado and destroying the rest of the robots.

When all of it was over. Mario took a few deep breaths. Luigi looked upwards at the now empty sky, while mario looked Down at the now partly destroyed farm.

Luigi spoke "I don't think this going to be the last time we see them again..."

mario nodded, looking at his brother "guess we should clean this up eh? Can't keep all of these powerups just for them to come back and get more."  Luigi nodded, sighing.

And here he thought he finally would be able to take a break.