1 - New world

[W A R N I N G S ]

None

♡♡♡

A happy ending.

A happy ending was something the media, phones and people glorified as well as you but was this really your happy ending? As a kid, you thought of being a princess, stuck in a place and waiting for a handsome prince to come flying through the window to rescue you, but this was the real world. Not a fairy tale. You are stuck in a crappy part-time, halfway through high school, wondering if you'll live through it- not even thinking about college.

You should be thinking of school but right now- but you're watching One Piece. A show you enjoy because of its simple story, amazing characters and plot twists throughout however since the new term has started because of school you haven't been able to watch it. It was comforting in a way.

You smiled and pressed the button on the next One Piece episode- hearing the intro made a lot of people happy. Including yourself. It was a Friday which means no more school for 2 days and you would finally relax after a hectic week with your part-time job and the new term at school starting. It was a headache, new people, new classes it was a mess this week. You weren't able to relax all week- you swore that the new math teacher has it out for you, asking questions randomly even though people had their hands up.

You sighed and rubbed your eyes, feeling them become slower and slower until you felt them close shut completely.

'I'm so... Tired... Just a small nap... I'll watch it later...'

♡ ♡ ♡

Day 1

A small breeze ruffled your hair comfortingly as you stirred in your sleep moving your head a little as a shadow fell over your form, making your eyes close tighter. "Is she okay? She's fully knocked out..." You heard a soft, feminine voice asked as she held a hand on your forehead. Her hand was nice and soft.

"She seems alright. Where are her parents though? How irresponsible to leave a child here..." An old voice spoke with distaste as the first voice let out a hum. You felt her hand leave your head hesitantly.

"Oh, my goodness, what should we do?" The soft voice asked, presumably to the old man as silence fell.

"I'm not sure..." The second voice said as the softer one gasped. Then, you felt arms under your neck and legs. "Makino! What on earth are you doing?!" The old voice asked as you felt the arms hold you closer. "I'm not leaving her here!"

You felt an unconscious smile appear on your face as you whispered, "Thank... you..."

♡ ♡ ♡

You felt your eyes twitch open as you closed them again from the pain but decided to go through it as you fully opened them. "Oh my, you're awake!" You heard a voice say as you turned your head towards a woman with green hair and warm brown eyes.

You tried to sit up as the woman leaped forwards and held your head in her soft hands. "Ah, you shouldn't get up this early!" You groaned and tilted your head into her from the sudden pain in your head as she smiled softly and put your head back down on the couch.

"Is she awake yet?" A masculine voice asked as he came from behind Makino as she flinched in surprise and looked behind her. "Shanks! I-uhm... Yes, she woke up for a second, but I think she's back asleep."

He frowned as he peered down at you, "Have you found her parents' yet?" Makino shook her head and looked down at you with a tight smile. "No... Nobody's come out yet to be her relative or friend."

He looked back at the woman and gave her a soft smile, "I'll make sure I will find her family so we can send her back home." He turned as feet padded the floor and skidded over. "IS SHE AWAKE YET? IS SHE? IS SHE?" The extremely excited kid asked as Shanks hit his head.

"DON'T YELL!" He sighed as the kid pouted. "She isn't awake yet, Luffy. Just be patient." Luffy pouted as he stared at your face. "Okay!" He spoke as he walked away, Shanks sighed but still smiled a little at him. He gave a last look to Makino and you as he walked away. Makino followed.

Smoke filled the room as you started sniffing the smell. 'That's so gross...' You heard a deep sigh. "You're awake, right?" You jumped as you heard a deep voice that definitely wasn't 'Shanks' the woman spoke to.

You grumbled and you heard him sigh again and walk out the door. "Whatever..." you heard him mutter. You heard a few more voices as your mind became a hamster wheel. Where were you? Why did these people seem familiar? What time was it? How did you get there?

You looked down to see not a single bruise in sight on your body. Not a cut. Not even that awkward scar when you fell onto rocks as a child at a family outing. Nothing. You felt your breath hitch at yourself. It had to be a dream! You just looked so... Different.

Your hands were small, your voice seemed higher, your feet were so small. Your childhood scars will still there but fainter than you remember. 

Your heart was beating out of your chest as your brain tried to come up with logical explanations why it was a dream and what people said could tell you if you were in a dream or not. Thinking more about the people here though made your brain come to a halt.

You tightened your lips at the words the man spoke prior, 'Luffy'. Now, how did his name get into your dream- the protagonist of a show you were just watching? You tightened the grip on your clothes, and you felt tears fall on your waterline as a few trickled down your face.

If this really was a dream, then... Why did it feel so real?

♡ ♡ ♡

Welcome to the first chapter! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it!! If you have any suggestions or questions on what I could to next, please ask me in the comments! I have no problem answering them!

Published: 12/04/22

Edit 1: 17/04/22

Edit 2: 20/12/22

Edit 3: 13/4/24

Fun Fact(s):

Makino had a heart attack when she came across you because she thought you were dead

Shanks had to hold Luffy back from running over to you

The crew left the bar so you wouldn't be overwhelmed when you woke up