chapter 1

✧₊˚・₊✧

Monday mornings, the worst day of the week. The buzzing of Marinas loud alarm clock pulsating through her room creating a ringing effect, marina groaned and reach for it slamming it un-effectively as it plummeted to the ground with a loud racket.

"For fuck sake" marina muttered reaching off her bed switching the sound off before relaxing into the silence before her room mate rushed into her room

"Marina get your ass up" John her roommate older by a year screamed at her

"ugh John shut up" Marina echoed before closing her eyes once again but not for long before John ran over and pulled her covers off.

"okay okay im getting up, just get out" marina said with an angry tone ready to beat him up. "see you in 10"

Once she finally got changed and fixed her bed hair she rushed out the room to see John waiting impatient at the front door. "Hurry up you lazy twat"

They both ran through campus and towards the lecture hall. "Mars, what do you have first period?"

"I have those paranormal investigators, what about you?"

"Jinx, now hurry up slow coach"

"I cant run any fucking faster you dickhead, we have 10 more minutes, stop running"

"yes but its rude to be late" he yelled sprinting away.

she rounded the same corner John had moments before her she slammed into someone's chest

"shit, im so sorry"
"no you're fine, im Ed warren and this is my wife Lorraine warren" the man spoke with politeness while helping me up off the floor as his wife smiled at me. "good to meet you mr and mrs warren, im so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going and its my first day, my room mate ditched me cause we're about to be late" marina rambled on.

"Calm down, what room do you have? it may be our first time here, but I could give you some sort of help maybe?" "really? Thank you so much, umm room c" marina spoke smiling politely. "Really that's where we're heading, why don't you come with us?" Lorraine spoke "oh my god this is embarrassing. You guys are doing the paranormal investigation lecture aren't you?" Marina spoke in fear of embarrassment. "That's us, never caught your name by the way" Ed chuckled "oh it's marina Thompson" marina spoke, still embarrassed from moments ago "that's such a pretty name" "thank you mrs warren"

As they headed towards the room the Warrens started small talk with the young girl "so, are you staying on campus?"ed questioned "yes I am, it's fun but pretty hard being away from home" "where are you from?" "I'm from England" "ah I understand your accent now, I couldn't catch it moments before." Ed chuckled "why so far away from home?" Lorraine question with kindness. "Honestly I have too many reason to get away from that place but i miss it being the place I grew up, even if it was the worst moments off my life" Lorraine studded the girl as Ed nodded.

"And we have arrived" Ed chuckled again before holding the door open for marina and Lorraine.

"Mars, where have you been? I've been waiting at lest 20 year for you" John asked stomping over. Marina chuckled at the man before speaking "because you ditched me, remember that part?" "don't pin your slow running on me." "hilarious, thank you for the help mr and mrs warren" they both nodded at her before marina took a seat next to johns stuff.

Marina watched as the lecture went on, curious to the subject, Time went by so fast that she didn't even realise it has been 2 hours. "Hey Mars?" "Yes Johnny" "can we get food? I'm STARVING" he exaggerated the starving. "Only if you paying" "ugh fine, let's go child" marina fake being offend before replying "Your only older by a year, so shut up"

As everyone headed towards the door marina saw both Ed and Lorraine staring towards her with Curiosity before she shrugged it off and headed towards the door herself.