Chapter 2

(Short chapter Because after this I can get to the good stuff, also sorry for any mistakes I haven't read through it)

Marina walked alone the pavement with John joking around before they arrived at the local diner called 'Molly' "what would you like me lady?" John asked in a posh voice jokingly "hmm I shall take a strawberry milkshake with a nugget meal please kind sir" Marina joked back "that you shall receive my darling" they both laughed at their antics before Marina took a seat while john ordered.

Marina started zoning out but she caught the sight of a car pull up but as she people watched she noticed it wasn't just a stranger it was Mr and mrs warren with a young girl around 9.

"Marina? Are you listing?" John asked clicking his finger in her face "sorry what?" Marina muttered still zoning back in "I said do you want onion rings?" "Oh no thanks"

As John collected the food off the women and sat down across from Marina mr and mrs warren entered. As soon as they entered mrs warrens eyes caught Marina, Marina quickly darted her eyes away out of embarrassment.

"Marina look it's mr and mrs warren" John said kicking her under the table "ouch, you didn't have to kick me, I can see" Marina smiled towards the older women as they sat in the booth behind Marina and John.

"So Mars, what do you think of the school?" John questioned. "Pricey for being so boring" Marina replied, John laughed not knowing Marina was actually struggling to pay for the school, with her home problems. "You know is you ever need money, you can always lend off me" John offered realising she wasn't laughing like he was. "John no it's fine, honestly. Maybe I can find a job for off school times"

A cough interrupted John before he could speak as mr and mrs warren stood over their table. "Can we help you mr and mrs warren?" John asked polity. "Umm more like can we help you miss Thompson?" mr warren replied.

"What do you mean?" Marina asked with a curious tone. "We couldn't help but over hear your needed money so Marina would you like to join us? We can pay you each case but obviously you would need training and don't feel pressured to do it we just want to help" mrs warren asked

"Woah really? You guys are serious?" "Of course, so is that a yes?" "yes thank you so much mr and mrs warren"

"That's settled meet us tomorrow morning at 6am sharp" John let out a snort of laughter "like she would get up before 8am"  Marina kicked John under the table shutting him. Mr warren laughed where mrs warren just smiled at us.

"See you monday Marina, oh and call us Ed and Lorraine. Mr and mrs warren makes us feel old" mrs warren said walking away.