Meetings

*Tap*

Tapping his pen against the wooden desk our viole eyes boy continued to mindlessly read another document that was present on his desk. Leaning back in his chair and releasing a soft sigh he continued to fill the papers while taking glances at the hour displayed on his phone.

"I hate office work"

*Click*

Door handle lightly twitched following by a soft curse from the other side. Glancing at the door the he lifted his brow as sound of knocking echoed in the silent room.

*Knock*

"Give me a minute I gotta open it."

With a twist of his waist he quickly placed the stack of papers in the drawer of his desk before moving a different set of papers closer to himself. Quickly hoping away from the work he unlocked the door and stared at the figure that wished for his attention.

Standing on the oposite of him was a sliughtly taller figure than that of the boy. Clad in a long black coat with a familiar black mask with number eight painted on. On their back could be visible a large guitar case.

". . . They're not with you so I guess the talk didn't go well."

"You're right but not entirely The rat was more then understanding of the situation and agreed to help you with anything as long as it wasn't going against the rules."

"And the catch?"

"Besides your own contribution to his future plans he would enjoy to play another game with you."

There was a minute of silence as Zero closed and rubbed his eyes at the feeling of incoming headache. Having known the older man for some time he could feel the smug smile on the ancients face when those words left his lips.

"Damn sadistic rat, he really likes to just beat helpless folk. Okay, I will call him later about that. Now what happened to Seven?"

Eight sighed before pulling out a piece of paper from their pocket, handing it to the boy they waited for any reaction. Zero observed the piece of paper that resembled a flier from a defunct storage house with red smiling face painted on to it. Underneath the face was written single word 'BOOM'.

"So how did it happen?"

"We noticed that they were following us back from the rat so we confronted them halfway to the base. Unfortunately their numbers were too much for us to handle so I made a break for it while Seven took their attention away from me."

"And the paper?"

"It was taped to the case, probably planted it when we were going through the busier part of the city."

"Do you think they are listening right now?"

"Partially, I don't think they heave enough equipment to plant a bug but they could be watching from distance. As for the danger they posses, I wouldn't think much of it. The defences should be enough for their numbers."

Releasing a tiered sigh the boy gave a quick nod of his head before getting some of his own equipment that was scattered along the room. Clipping the mask back to his belt and putting on a brown jacket he pulled a hood over his head while exiting the office with Eight.

"So I'm supposed to go in to the most obvious trap in the world alone, get them what they want and hope they give our member back?"

"I would think that's what they want."

". . .You have an awful sense of humor you know?"

"I was told."

He could feel the wicked smile creep on to their lips as they stepped outside, shaking his head Zero only waved his hand at the figure that quickly disappeared in to the busy streets with a bounce in their step. Their amused voice rung in his ear for another second, causing a soft scowl to tug on his lips.