Ice Cream Treasure

Part 1: Enjoyment

================================

Four pairs of clean sneakers in their various colours and designs touched the ostensibly baking tarmac on one of Lily's vacant roads. The owners wore skinny denim pants with the exception of one, in an orange short dress designed with black flowers. Two of them were clad in black jeans and one in pink. The only boy in the group was clothed in a short sleeve shirt with a white and black layout.

With the white small plastic spoon, he enjoyed his ice milk from the little malleable translucent container. The girls had opted to buy the one that comes with cones. The oldest of them all might have influenced them better to fall for the cone. Of course, the little brother, Trevor, wasn't the type to easily convince and since it was a day out for the kids, stress was restricted.

Treasure was out again. It was rare for her to go about with the troubling little one. Usually, she made her cream hunts with Tina, a bud about the same age as her. She was twelve and Tina was in between ten and eleven. The other friend, Tasha, was three years younger than the oldest, among these four kids that stood below the grim radiance of the mid-morning sun, that made all the conditions suitable for ice cream.

The street was full of people, most especially the teens and a very few adults, most of whom had brought their fledglings for that cold common dainty. This street, as expressed earlier, was unusually for cars. More bicycles and skateboards were typically caught a glimpse of. And then the people, this was their road. An outdoor place so open to chill. There was a park in the distance but all the ice cream vans and carts preferred settling on this road because refreshment was worth it under the heat.

As expected, the laughs, squeals and chatters came from the assembly. Most peeps stood in groups with friends, family, school mates. Treasure and her company unhurriedly stroked at the peaks as they went on to fill in each other on how their milky frozen smooths tasted.

On the contrary though, Trevor, Treasure's baby brother, was rather having his fast. Neither was he commenting much. No wonder, his sister was most times against bringing him along. He's the kind who would finish his treat before others had even eaten half into theirs. And of course, since he was the little one, he carried no shame or embarrassment or fear to look at his colleagues in a way that could trigger pity for him.

Treasure knew her brother was a sympathy hunter. It was always better if he remained home. Mummy was this calculative that she only gave them the amount enough to cover a single purchase for each. Therefore, if one's ice cream got any problem before they could enjoy it, it was always a Sorry dear, you'll get one next time.

Trevor wasn't thick upstairs He knew he was the last born and so he could use the chance without frugality. The best option for the big sister was to always sneak away, usually in the afternoons when the junior was napping.

In the arvo, there were usually fewer people as the road was then cloaked by structural clouds thanks to the sun's change of direction. Treasure usually loved being surrounded by a mass of people enjoying what she enjoyed too. She actually made pals from mostly the older guys that frequented the spot late in the afternoon.

Tina was always there, anytime. The two would agree to meet every after about two, three days. There were weeks when they met every day, just to lick the cream and crunch the cones as they chatted and laughed.

After the two were done with the fun and contentment, Treasure would return home loyally and say nothing about where she'd been. At least, not in the presence of Trevor.

Coming to this street popular for a frozen snack in the mid-mornings wasn't easy. Every time, Treasure had to get to her superfluous sagacious notch, just to be sure that the similarly cunning brother wasn't coming with her. All the time, her attention had to be on the small lad. Their mum, Malaika, was a businesswoman. The only time she could exercise her motherly duties well was the moment when she returned home from work in the evenings, with fatigue and stress.

So, both Treasure and Trevor knew well not to facilitate her mood. She didn't work on the weekends. That was a rule. She dedicated particularly Saturday and Sunday to her family.

Today was a Saturday and she gravely pleaded with her firstborn, finally convincing her to go out for the ice cream with Trevor.

"Yoooo. Mine got legs and I can feel it running down inside....Check....Yoooo, so tickling." Treasure spoke as she ran her arrow finger down her chest. The girls, particularly, looked on as they listened with reverence emitted from their exhilarated faces.

They know when to give attention to the lad whose concentration was on finishing the ice cream, as if there's a prize for the primary finisher. They knew their vigilance would be called for once the container was empty. So, Trevor's interest in their conversation wasn't of much need. They couldn't even wait for long before his fairly enormous black eyes would click to them with mercy in its molten state.

"Girl, mine is magically turning into butterflies. I can't wait for my next swallow to reach my stomach." Tina's face was a fantasy mess, with her eyes rolling and her free hand gesticulating her feeling in the space in front of them.

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Check this. Just imagine ice balls with warm tongues." Treasure looked from Tina to Tasha, trying to grab their understanding of the picture.

"Awww." All the three chicks expressed in unison. They knew each other very well at the moment. They knew when to squeeze in a word to accompany the mad flavour that they relished. Each then licked on the content that crowned their cones.

Tina moaned, with her eyes sealed and her tang exploring her lips for any surviving cream. The crazy sensation balled in her mouth. Her teeth were cold as well as her palate and cavity walls. The saccharinity pierced her enamels and her taster was already a sweet colony. Not to forget, the capillaries within her maw walls were already tuned.

Treasure and Tasha exchanged glances as they stole some at their theatrical comrade. They rolled their eyes as they couldn't help their hearty laughs, not missing to support their laden chests.

It was so interesting how Trevor never minded. Someone was adding this boy ice cream. Or was he stealing some to his tin? Or....Had he escaped briefly to get another one? How come it hadn't got done with that rapidity that he was enjoying it with?

"Girls, trust me. This is yummy." Tina pointed at her food. The other twists waved off her claim and it was yet another moment for them to sample the distinct flavours that postured on the cornets.

Tasha looked up as she enjoyed hers. Times like this one were very uncommon. So, if the ice cream was to come down her throat, slowly, peacefully or fast, the significance was the pleasure all that brought.

The blue sky looked light, with the flimsy white clouds dissipated much apart.