Ice Cream Treasure

Part 3: Unleashed Treasure

=================================

“Hi Treasure.” A mellisonant voice from a kid woke her from the trance. The babe had a cheeky smile on, all her front dentition exposed as she briefly waved at the portative shop attendant.

“Oh! Jesus....Sorry. You almost....Hey, you scared the heck out of me.” Treasure reacted. The child's beam just remained unaffected. She was some chubby kid with light skin and black curly hair.

“Hahaha. Sorry Treasure. I just want to buy ice cream.” The younger of the two responded as she tried reaching her hand to the van window but Treasure very soon acknowledged that this was a minor, who hardly touched the sill.

“Okay. Just tell me the flavour you want. Don't worry I'll collect the money on my way out.”

“Strawberry.” The little one smiled coyly as she looked away from Treasure to her own fingers she played with.

“It looks like you got more money for just one flavour. Did mummy say that I should give you a balance?” The young one shook her head, still looking at her digits. Her grin was fading, but it still looked beautiful. As Treasure was thinking of ordering for her attention, the bird gained the confidence to look her in the face, her smile brighter.

“Mommy said that you can keep the change.”

“What? Really?” She looked down at the minor with misgiving. The little girl shrugged, pursing her lips into a crooked smile. All she meant was that she could not explain any further. She wasn't a liar. She actually too, didn't know why Treasure was to keep the change.

“Alright.” Treasure quickly brushed off the issue and hastily chose to serve her customer before they could turn into a ton of impatience. She briefly turned into the van, lowering a bit in front of the machine before bringing the cone and its contents to the buyer.

“There you go.”

“Thank you.” The younger female smiled.

“Thank you too.” Treasure's words hit the back of the lass that was already jumping away with excitement. So long as the ice cream was in her hands, appreciations weren't an enormous deal. “Oh! Don't forget to send my regards to mum!” Treasure raised her voice from the window where her torso was almost making its way out of the vehicle through that open space. Her eyes glittered with odds as she saw the little one get lost in the crowd that was just initiating growth. The child wore a sleeveless knee-length loose dress with a light red background designed with white circles. Treasure truly thought and believed that one time one day, that young woman would grow into someone like her. Someone who liked ice cream from every corner and angle of their heart. Someone who thought, smelt and dreamt that ice-cold delicacy.

Here she was now. An eighteen-year-old, with a partway owned ice cream mobile business. It was so interesting how she fully owned the van when the ice cream equipment was excluded. But of course, she was still youthful. She had a lot of plans reeling in her head. Now she knew. She knew that the van was even more priced off than the paraphernalia that was used to make the frozen product. She owned fifty per cent of the business anyway. Though, one would think that the van could actually beget more income if she thought out of the box.

She didn't want anything else that wasn't ice cream related. Yes, people were out there, making profits and gains, just for the matter of it. But, they did so, with queemliness. Regardless of her struggles, she rarely felt the pain of a single loss of a penny. Not because she hardly failed at earning, but because her heart was as soft as the delectable coronet that came with the brittle pastry funnel. The exception was that it was mostly warm. She usually felt pity for a kid walking through the peeps with no ice cream to lick on. She would rather count the losses on herself than see an issue just admiring others who were having a good time with lusciousness melting within their mouths and south their gorges. At least these other progenies weren't like Trevor. No, not voracious.

With all that she'd gone through, a few people or no one would blame her if she'd chosen to be too cold like her business. From saving her own favourite six years earlier to facing scepticism about her employment choices. Many would turn out hard but she was different. She took a different route of conduct, growth and patience. She understood that both the blinding and straightforward hurdles were there for everyone and the fortunate bit about it, was that everybody reacted their way. Yeah, then there she was indifferent, at last. Like some would say, live your life your way, she couldn't miss buying that one.

For two years, she saved enthusiastically to reach this point. To own a van where ice cream was ready for sale. A good bunch of fellow teens owned smartphones as something they flaunted. Treasure was unbeatable when it came to that. She showed off double but remained humble. Why not? She had double. Her smart gadget, her vehicle or business....And the list was building up cause oh my god, her shoes were the latest trend. Her body was still that of a professional model, though she didn't fall for that field. Her hair, oh my god....Alright, okay, they were braids but they were these tiny kinds that just matched her figure.

She was a spur, because chatters had it that there was a group of about six youngsters, that was also taking Treasure's footsteps so that they could make their mums and dads proud. Treasure's mum wasn't as gratified yet. But her recent conversations with friends were starting to report that maybe, she was just holding in place her pretension.

The young lady had the belief that her own mother would soon join the infinite roster of her fanatics, well-wishers, the inspired and so forth. Her desire was much strong. The quaver only shook her physically. She wouldn't have chosen to set a foot here again. Perhaps, she would relocate to another town, cause the trembling shake wasn't pinpointed for the dessert hang out. Only a shrinked brain would think of the timorousness. What if it was a worldwide trend on that day? The people in the West would have thought of running North. Those of the Eastern town, well, a big part of them decided to remain behind. Safe home, home safe. The frozen goody was still in town.

                           THE END

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The picture used in this part is not mine. I secretly stole it from someone's Whatsapp status and it was so intriguing. Actually, it was a video that I paused and then took a screenshot. The person from whose status I took the screenshot is interestingly the next main character of a totally different short story. 🤭🤭🤭. Perhaps, in one sense or the other, she sensed the need to help me with the pic cause don't you see that it fits in Ice Cream Treasure?