Dragon Hunter's Isolation

I traveled through some woods. The sound of birds chirping and the wind blowing through the trees, rustling the leaves.

"The world is rather beautiful. Better than my polluted world. If this is a dream I don't want to wake up from..." I paused and began to think about my family, "I wish they could see this..." I felt some sympathy coming from my sword causing me to chuckle, "You are one curious enigma." I began to wonder why my weapon started to resonate so well with me. Dragon Eater is just a weapon that benefits my class, "Wait... What was her weapon description... Come on you know this..."

I stopped walking and began to sift through my memories of Yggdrasil, "Come on you are a lore nerd... Dragon Eater, a blade that was forged by the primordial dragon by... Damn it what was the description..." I began to grow impatient as I struggled to remember, "Okay let's think of this differently, what is the basic bare bones information... It was forged using... The soul of another dragon, yes that's right but there is definitely more... Wait I have books for this reason..." I was about to sit down and begin looking for information on my weapon, which I knew more about than my own class, but the sound of heavy wings flying through the air caught my attention. I sighed from annoyance as I glanced up at the sky. A large reptilian figure flew by quickly and the ground shook as it landed ahead.

"Human! I know you are there. I can smell your putrid essence." The dragon shouted.

God I know I haven't showered... Wait that even possible? Well I haven't bathed in five days but that's not my fault. Not a single source of water large enough to do that, and drinking water is more important than comfort. I felt a bit of comfort coming from my sword, "Will you feast today?" I mumbled at it. Clearly it's alive so I will treat it like a living being. While it's nice to have some semblance of companionship, it still saddened me. The lore of it being infused with a soul came to life, so the idea of me being immortal becomes more likely. I am alone.

"Human! Show yourself!!!" He shouted. I push the thought aside and walked towards the dragon, "Human... You have sinned against our kind. The emperor orders your execution."

"Emperor? I have never heard of an emperor." I said to him, my sword aching to devour him.

"That's all you are worthy to learn, no point for a corpse to learn about our lord." He said snapping at me.

"Are all dragons so arrogant? So full of themselves to believe they can defeat anything." I said my voice raising out of annoyance.

"You dare insult our kind. You will know our strength and pay for your crimes!" He roared at me.

"Then you can join your kin in purgatory." I said raising my sword and lunged at him.

"Fool!" He shouted breathing fire at me. I ran through the flames and stood beside his head. His right eye glanced at me as I brought my sword towards it. The blade pierced it eye, blood flowing out of it. He screeched in pain pulling his head upward. I held on to my sword and rose with him.

"The only fool is you." I said as I grabbed the top of his head. I could feel his rough scales through my gauntlets, "I'm not holding back, my sword is hungry and I plan to feed it." I pulled my sword out and jammed it into it's neck. The blade easily cut into the scaly flesh and I pulled down creating as much of a wound as I could. I pulled up and stood on it's head, my hand grasping the eye socket for balance. Blood seeping into my armor, I plunge the blade into it's head. His body falls to the ground limp, "If your emperor wants me dead then he should at least send someone stronger."

I stood beside the corpse as my sword began to viciously devour it. This was one dragon, but to assume it will be over with just him is down right idiotic. More will come after him and there is also the village. I told them they can say where I went, but who's to say they would leave them alone? If I want to stop this, I'll have to deal with the source. Though finding this Dragon Emperor won't be easy, guess I'll just wait for the next dragon to attack. They may be arrogant, but if I slay enough they will be more open to speak.