Dragon Eater

I sat on a hill overlooking the small village. The sun was warm allowing me to relax and enjoy the air. It has been a week since I came to this new world. As time moved on I wondered why did I accept this job? I'm trapped in a village that is located miles away from another. I kinda wish that dragon does come and attack with some army, would help me test more of my skills. I sat in silence gazing at the blue sky, "Man what can I do?" I heard footsteps coming from behind, I turn to see the first man I met since waking up in this new world.

"Having an identity crisis?" He said sitting next to me.

"Possibly, never been on my own. I always had someone to guide me in some way." I said looking back at the sky, "I don't really know what I want to do after I leave this village."

"Well, finding ones purpose in the world is rather difficult. Personally I would explore the world and learn it's many secrets. Imagine what one can discover, sadly nobody will live long enough to discover everything. At least no human can." He looks at the sky and smiles, "I'm sure you will find your purpose after this." He stand up and began to walk away.

"What is your name?" I asked him.

He turns around and smiled, "Sarz Invern. Have a good day F/N." I lay back down and continue to gaze at the sky.

"Explore the world...the one secret I want to know is, am I the only player here?" I felt a familiar presence in the distance, "Time to fulfill my job." I get up and make my way to the village. I warned them of the coming danger and guided them to a shelter they had built for this day, "Thank god it wasn't wasted effort." I said to myself as I went to meet the dragon, or shall I say Dragons. Seems like that black dragon brought some back up, "Let's see if this spell is effective." I clasped my hands and black energy began to seep out, "Devouring Burst." I pushed the spell out and a wave of dark energy spread towards the sky. Five dragons avoid the spell, barely, the rest were hit by it. The ones who were hit began to fall to the ground as their body withered away, including their bones. I felt my Mana increase, I pull out my sword and began to transfer all the excess Mana into it before it dissipated. An aura of Lightning, Fire, and Ice began to surround my black sword, "Interesting, this magic feels different... and that lead dragon, he's strong." I said gazing at the black and bronze dragon approaching the village, "But he is still a dragon and dragons are my specialty." I lowered my blade and waited for them to get closer. My weapon was resonating with me somehow. I felt very relaxed as I held her.

They stopped and hovered in the air, waiting for my next move. We gazed at each other before I decided to break the silence, "I warned you to not come back!"

The strong dragon spoke, "Mortal you dare challenge my authority! The strongest dragon Lord, The Abyss Dragon Lord!" His boasting and arrogance annoys me. Is he really the strongest Dragon Lord? If he is then their power is rather underwhelming, for me at least, he seems to be at about level 80 maybe... Oh right he's still talking, "Everything in this area is mine to do as I please..." Yeah I have had enough, this spell should kill the other dragons and drastically weaken him, "Tell me mortal what makes you believe you can stand against me."

"Super Tier Magic..." A collection of blue runes and glyphs began to form around me, "Dragon's End!" A shockwave is sent throughout the area and the remaining dragons began to decay as they fall to the ground. The Abyss Dragon seems unaffected to my surprise, "Oh maybe you aren't all talk." I said as the Dragon seemed to expell a large amount of unusual magic. I readied my blade and prepared for his counter attack.

"It appears a worthy opponent stands before me. I will make you suffer for killing my children." He took a deep breath and from his mouth a burst of dark energy was sent at me. I slashed my weapon up and the energy was absorbed into it, "Oh?" My blade was now emanating this dark energy along with the other three. She hummed in delight, while I want to analyze this more I have more important things to do.