Answers

Bruce knew this day would come.

The day he will eventually have to tell them the truth. The truth about the Robin who everyone thought were long dead.

Bruce heaved a long sigh as everyone's gaze drilled into him. He seems to be sighing a lot lately, with never-ending problems like this never failing to make their way into his life.

"Jason was resurrected. Talia found him and bathed him in the Lazarus Pit. The Lazarus, along with the things Talia told him made him want to take revenge. That lead to him being the Red Hood. Eventually, he gave up trying to kill me,so... Here we are" Batman said as he glared holes into the wall ahead of him.

"But.... Jason was such a good boy. How could he--" Clark couldn't believe the nice boy he once knew is a murderer now.

"I told you. The Lazarus had it's effect on him. Also, Rā's Al Ghūl was in the pit at the time. Must have added to the fuel. Afterall, he has always been an angry kid. I was not surprised at all" Bruce wished he was anywhere but here.

"I.. I'm gonna go grab something to eat. Excuse me" Barry said and zoomed off to the kitchen. He was finding it hard to stay in that bad and awkward situation. Moreover,he was hungry.

Ollie let out a heavy sigh and put his head in his hands.

Bruce looked up and Clark was looking at him as if demanding to say more.

"What?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

Even Bruce had no idea why. He just thought it was better that way. He really wished the ground swallowed him up now.

"Clark, I--"

Everyone looked up at the sound of someone clearing their throat. Jason stood in the doorway leaning against the frame,his arms crossed.

"Jason, kid--" Clark didn't know what to say. It wasn't everyday he meet someone he thought was long dead.

"Yeah, Clark I missed you too"

He walked over and gave the man a tight hug. He saw Ollie and gave him a nod of acknowledgement. The blonde man smiled at him. He smiled at Diana, who returned it. He then turned to his old man.

"Bruce, I gotta get going" He said in an awkward way.

Bruce replied with a curt nod. But then he remembered how stern he has been with the boy lately. Every single conversation they had ended up in a shouting match. Shit, he has even punched him, drawing blood. All for what?

The way Clark And Ollie reacted to the information about Jason made him feel that he could have done more.

Jason wasn't even living in the manor anymore. Sure, he dropped by at times,but he lives in a broken apartment. With a couch with springs sticking out and dusty floors, in an untidy environment. In an alley.

He thought he gave the boy a better life. But has he really helped him when necessary? Has he been there for him when he really needed him?

The answer popped up in his head almost immediately. NO.

It was time he did something about it.

As Jason was about to walk out, he called out. "Jason"

"Hm?" Jason turned around, confused.

"Why don't you come stay with the family? At the manor?" Bruce didn't wanted to sound so expecting. But he did anyway. Maybe that's what he wanted all along.

Jason gave it a thought. He vaguely wondered if Bruce was sick or something.

He shook his head and chuckled lightly.

"No, Bruce. You know how much the demon resends me. Thank you for the offer anyway. I'll drop by sometime" He smiled and walked out to the zeta tubes.

Bruce glared at the spot where Jason stood just moments ago.

Clark put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. "It's alright, buddy, you tried"

Bruce looked at Clark and then the floor.

He didn't know why, but he had a strong feeling of defeat tugging at his heart.

In a matter of seconds, he was thinking of every way he had failed his son.

Jason's death was on his hands. He failed the boy who trusted him so much.

And just like that, Bruce found a reason to punch the living soul out of criminals that night.

God bless anyone who decides to go out doing crime tonight.

As he walked to the zeta tubes, Bruce saw Dick chatting with Barry. When he saw Bruce, Dick made his way to him and started blabbering.

But Bruce couldn't listen to a single word he said for his mind was filled with disturbing thoughts.

_______________________________________________

Hey!
That's the end of the story, folks.
Hope you enjoyed.

See you in another life when we're cats. 🥲

_______________________________________________