4. Walk Your Previous Steps

For a while, life was good for Elisabeth, in the sense that Felix did leave her alone

For a while, life was good for Elisabeth, in the sense that Felix did leave her alone.  From what she heard, since gossip wasn't something absent in the company he was buzzy with a "guest" that worked on a line for the De Valiny fashion house. The blonde was a lot of things, but his father's company always went second, cuz Mommy was first.

So he was buzzy. Good!  She made sure to return his umbrella and go on with her life. Nothing else happen, she went to work, home, and back to work. She didn't have a friend group to spend time with, but it was fine cuz she focused on her gardening hobbies and reading various romance novels.

It was all good until that night when she pulled another double shift and meet face-to-face with the gloaming gentleman. She nods saluting him silently and hurrying to the door.

" Don't go, Elisabeth, " he breath calmly walking towards her," you are free tomorrow so join me for dinner."

She bit her lip, she wanted to say no but she had no justification.

" Director Graham, won't your mother feel lonely if you don't join her tonight at dinner?"

She tried to push his buttons,  she knows the attachment issues the young teen had and tried to find a way to use them to her advantage.  She knew it sounded harmful, but she just wanted to avoid him.

" Which is why I said you will join us," he clarify putting his cap on," Mother didn't see you even since you moved and you were a most delightful presence in our house."

" But her mourning, am I not intruding? I don't wish to -"

" Elisabeth I had a really bad week," he somewhat warns grabbing a hold of her waist," let's go!"

Damn, Felix was treacherous!

Surprisingly he didn't take the limo and they instead opted for the bus and waited a few stations until they reached the De Vanily household. The house she never wanted to step foot into. After ringing the bell and opening the gate they step into the garden, going past the green hedge, flower patches,  fountain, and at the door. Felix pulled her all the way there because she couldn't match his strength. The house was as she remembered, nothing changed.

" Oh my, it's that little Elisa that I see?" Amalee smiled skipping to them, she hug her son and then hugged  her," It's been so long dear!"

" My lady, " she bends down to bow before pulling her into another hug," I hope I find you in a most fortunate time. I apologize for intruding but Felix insisted I came and see you. "

Amalee gave her son a peek on the cheek, he flush bright red.

"Nonsense! You will always be welcome Elisabeth!" she pitches her cheeks, " Come and join us for dinner!"

" I shall take the lady's jacket, " Felix offers grabbing it from Elisabeth and watching the two walk into the dining room. Now alone with it, he took the liberty to sneak through her phone.  It was locked by password? Her birth date. Bingo! No harm seeing what she was into, right?