• 10 I'll miss you •

ᴛᴇɴ

ɪ'ʟʟ ᴍɪꜱꜱ ʏᴏᴜ

It didn't last long before his eyes flutter open again.

He felt pain in his neck and back and his head was spinning but he forced his body to regain full consciousness the quickest as possible. He was still alert even knocked out, out of breath.

"YAH!!" Namsu left Jin's side because she knew it would just attract the Mastodon's attention. "HERE I AM!" She went away, attracting the intention on her so it would throw spores on her, she knew it would not infect her, just strike her; she preferred that to seeing her friends getting infected.

"Are you stupid or what?!" Yoongi got angry at her stupid behavior because he didn't know she was saving Jin's life without risking getting infected.

Yoongi suddenly got a feeling he hadn't felt for a long time: compassion. He knew that somehow, she was Jin's friend, or at least companion, and it would kill him to be left all alone after Taehyung's death. He wanted to save the kid, for Jin.

He grabbed an object and threw it to the other side of the gymnasium, to make a diversion.

"Don't get its attention near Jin!"

He groaned. "You're going to get yourself killed, idiot!!!"

She looked back at the beast. "YAH! UGLY MUSHROOM!"

Thanks to them, Jin had time to be able to think and process again. He groaned at the pain but dismissed it and searched in his bag for what could kill the beast.

"Get her away from it." Jin managed to say to Yoongi who immediately comprehended despite his low tone.

"Kid!" He joined her side but she dangerously approached the Mastodon. "Are you insane?!"

"Would you just trust me?!" She was reckless because she was so close that it could step on her and kill her right away. Yet, she didn't seem to realize, she only wanted to keep the others safe, without caring about what would become of her. She turned around and saw Yoongi coming dangerously close to her. "NO, DON'T!!" At the same time, the giant fungi threw a big spore right at them. "NO!"

Without thinking, because her worried heart functioned faster than her brain, Namsu jumped on Yoongi and tackled him to the ground. At the very same time, Jin managed to get up on his legs and found his equipment in his bag. He had a glass bottle flammable. He threw it at the giant violently because rage took over him as he thought one of the spores hit Yoongi. It exploded and the thing was on fire, it roared beastly, slowly burning to death. After that, he bulleted it a dozen times and the Mastodon finally succumbed.

He ran to his friends, who were both immobile on the ground, bringing his shirt against his nose to be sure not to inhale any spores.

Namsu had stayed lying on Yoongi's body after the explosion.

After a few seconds, she opened her eyes and could finally hear normally without the shrill sound of the burst uncomfortably ringing in her ears. She coughed and slowly got off the body under her with Jin's help who had his hand around her fragile rear arm.

Their eyes immediately went to Yoongi who was unconscious.

"Oh, no..." Namsu whispered and immediately left Jin all the space he needed.

He kneeled next to him and shook him a few times before checking his pulse, which was still there. "Yoongi, don't do that." He said with a voice surprisingly steady. Jin was good at hiding feelings, if not the best.