Warrior of another world

A blazing wall of lead surrounds the Husky as a hostile force mercilessly fires on its targets. But like a raging rhino, the TSV shrugged off the rounds as the heavy armour and bulletproof glass protected the marines who were held in their places as the Sergeant recklessly but skillfully smashed through the enemy lines and dash away to safety.

Sergeant Jude drove the TSV as fast as the vehicle could go, carefully but hastily following the route to the nearest village. Alistair takes a sigh of relief and relaxes. He rested on the back of the seat uneasily as his mind was constantly conflicted by the thought of this mysterious land and what attacked him and his men.

"You ok sir?" Jude asked as he saw the uneasiness on the Lieutenant's face.

"Just keep your focus on the road, Thompson." The Lieutenant replied. "Just remind me to never use open radio ever again."

"What's with this place?" Croft asked with curiosity as he scanned the surroundings on the back windows. "We just got shot by a company of Hooligans in medieval costumes and a bloody lance that shot a rocket out of it! Just what the bloody hell is going on?!"

"We're as clueless as you, Croft," Alistair answers calmly as a large smoke trail was beginning to be visible in the distance. "I just hope we can get some answers with anyone but them right now. I also bloody hoped that Thapa and Macmillan are still alive."

David's eyes were then saddened by the mention of the names, "I just hoped that Thapa and Macmillan hadn't got themselves killed yet," David said with concern.

"Knowing those two... They're likely giving those bastards hell right now."

****

Dodging volleys of bullets through the wood, the two marines rush toward the village in hopes of getting a better chance of survival.

Hastily, Tej let out a burst of fire from his rifle, surprising his enemies as he and his Scottish partner retreated. They both use the trees as concealment and fire their weapons when it's necessary, hoping to slow down their advance.

A bullet narrowly misses Tej by an inch but that didn't cause a flinch from the Nepali. He angrily returned fire toward his enemy and quickly took him down. Soon another squad of enemies arrives to reinforce the current force assaulting the marines.

"Jesus. Just how many are there?!" Tej exclaimed, frustrated by the endless waves of enemies.

"Just keep holding them back!" Scarlet replied, "We're nearly at the village."

Seeing an opportunity to move, the two marines ran as fast as they could to the exit of the forest. As they emerged out of the forest a small explosion erupted on the floor as a tank shell landed near them.

Tej's vision was temporarily blurred by the smoke as it clears he realises that a tank was aiming its turret toward them.

"Oh, shit..." the two marines cursed.

Quickly the two marines dash away from the Tank as well as incoming fire from the enemy's rifles. They both ran to an abandoned farmhouse and took cover in its walls. The Tank was about to fire its high explosive round but another tank round ricochet from its cheek current causing the whole tank to face a new threat.

From a distance, Kai was observing the scene from afar, trying to figure out the whole situation. She saw two soldiers engaging the imperial forces but none of them looked to be in any other squad, if not the whole army. Their equipment and uniform were not like anything she saw before.

She tugs her Darcen partner to her attention and points out the two unknown people who are fighting the imperials.

"Hey, Raz. Do you know who they are?" Kai curiously asked