heart to heart

Just like that he left in the afternoon of the next day, he left at exactly one on the dot and made you time him right before he shut the door. An hour and thirty minutes is when he said he'd be back so you gave him that.

Except he didn't just leave you alone...no, Eren's too himself for that.

He had a security guard standing in front of each window and door in your apartment. You just sat on the couch and they were all staring at you, watching your every move and not saying a word so it really creeped you out but you turned on the tv to distract yourself.

You put on a movie and stared at the tv, you pulled the throw blanket over your legs and waited for Eren's return. Things were harder but it was a new day. The only thing keeping you from constantly crying is the security in knowing that the next day will always be different, it may be better or it may even be worse...regardless, it'll be different.

You glanced over at the time on your phone, it had been an hour and it was down to the last thirty minutes Eren had left before he promised he'd be back. Honestly, you didn't think he'd do it. He's made promises before and he's broken them, you learned to stop making such a fuss as long as he came back to you.

Eren swung the front door open thirty minutes early, you turned your head and noticed he was in a different outfit than he left in and he had bags of things in his hands.

"You're early..."

"Great. I was hoping I'd be, the traffic made me nervous," he said and entered, he looked at one of the men by the window and eyed him without saying a word, the man shook his head and Eren nodded back to him.

"Go." Eren ordered and sat everything down on the couch next to you, all the men exited right after each other and even the ones from upstairs left quickly and quietly too.

"What's in the bags?"

"Video games for us to play and I saw some new cartoon pants I had to buy them, they're my favorite cartoon. I got your fries too," he said and took the games out of the bag, he handed you your fries and lifted up the pajama pants he was talking about.

You started to eat them and listened when he rambled on about each cartoon character on the purple pajama pants, his excitement about something so child-like was refreshing but it made you wonder.

He did have a lot of childish tendencies and little things he just liked, not necessarily acting like a child but he had little habits and things he'd fall into that weren't really typical. You wondered if he did those things because he missed out on them when he was a kid himself, due to his family life you wouldn't be surprised if he missed out on a lot of things and wanted to relive that time of his life in a brighter light.

He went to go put one of the games into the console and he grabbed both the controllers.

"Eren."

"Yes?" He sat down on the couch and placed the controller on your lap.

"Can we talk about it...?"

"There's nothing to discuss, it changes nothing. My love for you does not come from us being able to have kids or not, I just want to experience life with you and that can be many things...we could always steal Mila too." He assured once again, he put his hand on your thigh, extending his comfort and smiling right at you...no longer giving you a look of such sadness.

You smiled back at him and put your head on his shoulder, except when you did you smelled something familiar. Not perfume, not cologne but rather a familiar candle to you but it wasn't just any candle. You couldn't put your finger on what it was but it was coming from Eren, like he was in the home of whoever's candle was burning this exact scent yet you couldn't remember.