Chapter 1

Running...

That's all I can do for now. I need to run. Dragging my bruised feet through the snow. White tiny pieces of artwork fall from the clouds. Up in the clouds was a hole, a hole where the crescent moon shines upon the land I walk on.

I am unbearably numb. I will probably die soon.

But not until I get her the help she needs. Lights shine into my vision. It was a building. A red plus sign was showing off.

The hospital...

I run even faster than ever. Faster than I ever thought I could. My arms are open to the cold air. The jacket I had worn earlier was on her now. Trying to keep her as warm as possible.

My breath was tightening. It was getting harder to breathe.

It seemed like the journey was forever but I made it. I busted through the doors and shouted for help. Nurses came by and picked me and the girl up. They put us on stretchers. I can see the nurses treat Toro, my only friend.

I'm glad that she will be okay.

I guess this is a goodbye world. You were horrible and cruel many times but I lived my life. Goodbye, everyone.

Goodbye Toro...

I wish you'll live a happy life...

Darkness soon comes over me. My head feels like it's getting lighter.

I never thought death would be so...

Peaceful

...

...

...

...

...

Huh?

My eyes are slowly open. I rub my eyes to open it up a bit. A ceiling. Did the hospital save me? I sat myself up and look around. I don't think I'm in a hospital anymore. This room looks too normal if you get what I mean. It just looks like a regular bedroom.

Was it all dream? I look outside the window to see the landscape. It isn't snowing? I guess it was a dream. Wait a minute...

I don't recognize this city. My hands reach for a wallet I see on my nightstand next to my bed. I open up the wallet. There was some cash and some cards. The currency seemed to be yen? Am I in Japan? My eyes draw back to the window again. Is this Tokyo?

I pull out some of the cards that were in the wallet. There was an identification card. I take a look at it. Shiro Suzuki? Is that me? I look that the picture of the card. It is a teenager with red eyes. Straight white/grayish hair with black on the inside.

 Straight white/grayish hair with black on the inside

Is this me? I walk around the room for a mirror. I walk into the bathroom and looked at the mirror.

THAT IS ME???!!!

Okay, okay...

I have to gather all the info I have now. I'm in Tokyo, Japan. I am inside a new body with a new name. There is no way I could have survived the accident. With all the info I gathered, I just have been reincarnated.

A buzzing noise goes into my ear. I look around to see what that is. A phone was on the nightstand. I guess this is my phone. I picked it up...

JANUARY 10th OF 2052??!!

I must have been reincarnated into the future. This is not good. I'm in Japan with no memory of why I'm here. The atmosphere is going to be completely different since I'm in the future. Let me try to check the news.

Brandon Tsuki reaches tier 15? What does that even mean? I try to look at other news to help me get info. A random rift opens at a restaurant but adventurer saves the day? I am so confused. I have to do some research. My fingers type in my phone for the definition of rifts. The definition said, portals to another dimension where fantastical monsters live led by the demon king.

What the hell?? What kind of world did I get reincarnated into?!

I look thoroughly around my room. With some letters, I supposedly enrolled in Legacy High. It's a school where you unlock your Arcana and become an adventurer. What the hell is an Arcana?

I put the word Arcana in the URL box. An Arcana is a weapon with a spirit from mythological history. This world would be a dream for someone who loves fantasy. My phone suddenly started buzzing. What the fuck?!

I look to see who is calling. My mom is calling? I pick up the phone and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hello sweetheart, how is Japan?" A caring voice called out.

Tears were starting to form in my eyes. In my past life, I was an orphan. I never knew the feeling of a parent.

"Uh- it's been fine so far m-mom," I said.

"Are you okay honey? You don't sound so well," Mom asked.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. It's just because it's the morning," I chuckled.

"Okay, sweetie. Just let me know if you need anything. Actually... Put yourself on camera. I want to see your handsome face," Mom told me.

I quickly wipe my tears away. I try to fix up my face before turning on the camera. The camera finally turn on and I saw my mother's face. She has snow-white hair. Beautiful obsidian black eyes and a lovable face.

"There is my handsome boy. It's going to be hard around here without you," She said

"Are you on a call with someone!" Another voice shouted out.

"I am on a call with our son," Mom explained.

"Our son?! Let me go talk to him!" The voice shouted again.

Mom was out of the camera now and a new face appeared on the camera. He had black hair with red eyes. A young and manly face.

"Hey, kiddo! How is Japan?" He said

I'm guessing that is my dad. He has a very outgoing personality.

"Japan is fine dad. I missed you guys." I told them.

"We miss you too." They both said.

"I have to get ready for the day so bye mom and dad!" I told them

"Bye honey! Make sure to text me every day!" Mom exclaimed

"See ya kid!" Dad said

The call then ended. Wow. I guess that's what a loving parent feels like. It feels nice to know that people care for you.

I got back to the bathroom to get myself ready. As I look at myself in the mirror, I realize that this body is fit and toned. The body isn't bulky with muscles but they are firm and dense. If I want to keep this body, I have to exercise in some way. So first thing is to find a gym or something like that. Number 2 is to go to the library and research this world more. I am in a new environment and different period so I need to know as much as I can. Number 3, make yourself familiar with the area. New environment so I need to know where I am going.

My last goal is to live my life to the fullest!

And survive...