Chapter 6

The Arcana is a historical figure/weapon that is bonded to a person, based on their personality. Arcana can then be leveled up through "Tiers". The more you fight and train, the quicker you Tier up. These two factors seem to be the only way to increase Arcana's tier. I wonder if there is any other way to tier up your Arcana.

Every time an Arcana tries up, a new power is given to the wielder. Arcan Tier 2 has two powers for example. This has to be trained through to make it effective.

Upon reaching tier 2, the wielder will be able to talk to their spirit inside the Arcana. If you had an Arcan name Dustin, it would have the spirit of Dustin. Dustin is not the Arcana itself though. Spirits help guide their wielder to use the Arcana.

And to keep track of your Arcana, each wielder is given an adventurer card, which trash the Arcana progression. That means if anyone finds it, every single power you have is revealed.

Don't lose it if you have a trump card.

I think it's very unlikely for me to get an S rank Arcana. A rank is probably out of reach for me too. D rank would be too weak. I'll settle with a B rank. If I get a C rank I guess it will suffice.

Me, Erica, and Lily all stood in the cafeteria. It was mostly empty except for the awakening machine and teachers sitting by it.

The machine sat on a podium in the middle of the cafeteria. It was Sinclair to those giant "clone tubes" but no liquid inside.

Somehow, this lets students unlock the Arcana. This puts stress on the body, however. That is why they wait until the first year of high school. Any earlier is dangerous and illegal.

Students who passed were waiting in the room. The exam was made for those who are prepared to awaken their Arcana. It would be too dangerous otherwise. For both the world and students themselves.

One of the people who said next to the machine was Aiko. She stood up and walk to the microphone.

"Welcome to the Awakening." Aiko greeted. "All of you passed and will be attending Legacy High very soon."

"Now I could stay up here and explain for long but that would be fatiguing. " Aiko stated. "Instead, I will let one of your upperclassmen explain or should I say upperclassmen." She smirked.

"Welcome, Iris Aegis," Aiko said.

Iris walked from somewhere in the cafeteria to the microphone and started speaking.

"Hello, freshman!" She smiled. "All of you will soon become adventures in training. At this school, you will learn about monsters, how to fight, how to protect people, and how to be an extraordinary adventurer."

"You are about to go through Awakening, which will let you bond with your Arcana. Get ready, this is the start of your story." She continued, " Once you get your Arcana, you may go home. the physical exam will start in two days. Make sure to train and get rest."

The students were clapping g and cheering as iris bowed to the crowd. She got off the stage and sat next to Aiko. 

I guess this is the perk of a model student.

"Yuji Nakamoto" The teacher called.

The student walked over to the chamber and went inside. It started to glow with flashing colors. A few seconds later, the student walked out. 

"What is it?" The teacher asked.

"Perseus. C rank." Yuji answered.

The Greek hero who killed Medusa.

The teacher got the info. "You may go now."

The teacher resumed calling on more students. They all had rankings D through B. Nothing that special.