chapter 4

It's a couple of weeks later. I walk into the school cafeteria. I smile as I see derek sat in the corner of the room at a table by himself. I walk over to him with my tray of food.

"Hey loser" I sit next to him. He smiles. "Hey" he says. I steal one of his fries, eating it. "You have your own food right infront of you" he scoffs. I grin.

"Ugh I'm so tired.. and I have that stupid test next period" I say. "Why you tired?" He asks. "I was up all night making love to my hot actor boyfriend.. he's 10 years older than me but, well.." I shrug.

He looks at me shocked. I grin. "Joking" I say. He laughs. "Oh my god guys" cristina sits at the table. "Me? Am I guys too?" Derek says. I giggle. "I think so" I say.

"We're getting vaccines today" she says. "What? I didn't know that was today?!" I feel myself start to freak out. "What?" Derek asks. "I just- I don't like needles" I shake my head.

"Well you gotta do it" she says. I whine. I take Derek's sandwich. "Hey!" He says. "I need food.. I'm a stress-eater" I say.

"Food.. right here" he points at my tray. "This is better" I eat his sandwiche. He groans. He eats my food instead and passes me his. "Thankyou" I grin.

Lunch finishes and we get called to the hall for our vaccines. I'm now fully freaking out. "I can't" tears run down my cheeks. "You're such a wimp" cristina says.

"Here sweetheart" deluca passes me a tissue. He wraps his arm around me. "Piss off deluca! Im not in the mood for your stupidly right now" I push him away.

They call my name up next. I stand up. I whine, shaking my hands nervously. I walk to the nurse. I take a seat infront of her.

I look as derek sits next to me. "What are you doing?" I ask. "You're scared of needles right? I'll hold your hand" he smiles. I take a breath, smiling. I hold his hand.

I look as the nurse moves the needle to my arm. "You know, my mom's a surgeon.. maybe I could call her and she could-" I say. "It'll only take a second" the nurse says. I watch the needle get closer.

Derek puts his hand on my cheek, making me look at him. "Don't look at it.. look at me" he says. I look into his eyes. I squeeze his hand, gasping quietly as she does the injection.

She puts a plaster over it. Me and derek get up. "Thankyou" I whisper. He smiles. "Did you get yours?" I ask. He nods.

"We should get to science then" I say. "We should" he says. We walk to our science classroom. We sit down and start the test.

I look at derek. He's sat behind me. He looks up at me. He smiles. I smile, turning back around. I start my test.

The class ends and we hand in our tests. Me and derek are talking in the hallway.

"Hey honey, how was your test?" Deluca comes over wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I hate him so much.

I scream. I push him away. "You touched my arm that just got injected.. idiot" I kick him. "Stop screaming everytime I touch you.. god" he says. "Stop touching me" I say.

He looks at derek. "Is he bothering you?" He walks closer to derek. "No, he's my friend.. you're the one bothering me" I say.

"You're friends with this weirdo" he pushes derek slightly. "What the hell is your problem? Asshole" I push deluca away. He looks at me.

He smiles. "Are you going to that party.. next week?" He asks. "Who's?" I ask. "Mine" he says. "No" I say. "I'll see you there" he smirks. "No, you won't" I say. He grins.

"What the hell is your problem?" I look at him. "What?" He asks. "Can't you bother someone else.. whys it always me?" I ask. "I like you" he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. I hit his hand away. He walks away. I sigh.

"I'm sorry" I look at derek. "Its not your fault.. is your arm okay?" He asks. I smile, nodding. "I hate him so much" I say. "You and me both" he chuckles softly. I chuckle.

"I should go to my next class.. I dont want to be late" he says. "Okay" I say. He smiles before turning away. "Hey" I say. He looks at me.

"You wanna maybe go out next week? The day of delucas party.. we could post pictures and make him jealous" I say. "I get enough bullying off him as it is" he shrugs. I sigh.

"You wanna go out anyway?.. we won't post pictures" I smile. "Sure" he smiles. "I'll see you later" I say. "Oh, are you walking home today?" He asks. I nod. "Want a lift?" He asks. I smile, nodding.

"My sisters liked you.. they wanted me to invite you over sometime but I said you probably wouldn't be interested" he says. "Why?" I ask. "Assumed you'd have better things to do.." he says.

"I- I have noth- I mean.. I'm never too busy for- or.. I- I'm free whenever" I stutter. He chuckles softly. "Today?" He asks. I nod. "I'll see you soon then" he walks away.

I groan, hitting my head against a locker lightly. "Great.. that was just great meredith" I mutter under my breath. I walk to my next class.