chapter 42

Me, cristina and izzie are at the park, sat on the grass. I see derek. "Oh, he's here" I say. "Oh" they say. "Don't say anything, okay?" I say. They nod.

Derek walks over. "Hey!" I smile. "Hi" he sits next to me, kissing me softly. "Hey" izzie and cristina both giggle. He furrows his brows. I glare at them.

"What are you guys doing?" He asks. "Nothing much" I shrug. He kisses me again softly. I smile. He raises his brow as he sees izzie and cristina looking at us. They try to sniffle a laugh.

He looks at me. "You told them" he says. "No" I say. He looks at them, then back at me. "You did" he says. "I didn't!" I say. He gets up.

I walk after him as he walks away. "Derek" I chuckle softly, holding his hand. "One thing! I asked you not to do one fucking thing!" He yells, turning around to face me. I freeze. He has never shouted at me before.

"Der-" I say. "Just.. leave me alone meredith" he walks away. He gets in his car, slamming the door behind Him before driving away. I take a breath.

I walk over to cristina and izzie. "What the fuck!" I grab my bag. "We're sorry.. we couldn't help it" izzie says. "I told you not to say anything.. you embarrassed him!" I yell.

"We're sorry mer.. jeez" cristina says. I scoff, walking away. "Meredith!" They yell after me. I Ignore them. I walk to Derek's.

I knock on the door. "Mer.. hi" Carol says, opening the door. "Hi.. is derek upstairs?" I ask. She nods and opens the door wider, letting me in. I walk upstairs.

I walk into his room. He's sat on his bed on his phone. "Der, I'm sorry" I sit next to him. "whatever" he says. "Are you angry?" I ask. "No" he says sarcastically. I sigh.

"I told them not to say anything" I say. "And I told you not to.. I guess that's what we both get for trusting such assholes" he says. "Hey!" I say hurt. He literally almost never swears. 

"Just leave meredith.. go have sex with one of the popular guys from school so you can tell your friends about how good it was" he says. "Derek" I roll my eyes. "Go!" He yells.

"No!" I say. "I mean it" he says. I look into his eyes. "I said sorry" I say quietly. "I don't forgive you" he says. I scoff.

"It may not be a big deal to you but it is to me.. do you even understand how humiliating that is? I trusted you!" He says. "I'm sorry derek.. I'm really sorry" I say.

"I knew you and your friends gossip but I didn't think you'd talk crap about me" he says. I look down. "I'm sorry you had such a terrible time the other day.. maybe it's just for the best if we don't do it again" he says.

I look at him. "What does that mean?" I ask. He looks into my eyes. "You're breaking up with me?" I ask. He looks down. "For this?! Seriously?" I ask.

"We're just different, meredith.. I can't keep up with it.. keep up with you" he says. "I didn't think it'd upset you this much" I say. "I asked you not to tell them.. why couldn't you just do that?" He asks.

"I just told them about it.. I wasn't making fun of you" I say. "But you knew that they would.. you think I don't get enough of that already? I don't need it from you too!" He says.

"I don't know how many times I can say I'm sorry" I say. "Just go home" he says. I look down. "We're really breaking up?" I ask. "Yes" he says. I get up and walk out.

I hold back my tears as I walk downstairs. "Meredith?" Carol asks. I look at her. She's sat on the couch in the living room. "You not staying?" She asks. "No I-" I stop, choking back my tears.

"No, I can't" I say quietly. "What's wrong?" She stands up, walking over. "Nothing" I say. She looks at me concerned. I look at the stairs to make sure he's not there.

"He broke up with me" my lip trembles. I look down, trying not to cry. "He did? Why?" Amelia walks over. "He said We're too different" I say. She hugs me. I hug her back.

She pulls away. "So.. you two won't talk anymore?" She asks. "I don't know" I say tearfully. "Amelia why don't you go watch tv baby, merediths upset" Carol says.

"But, will we still be friends?" She asks. "Of course.. always" I smile, wiping my tears. "Good" she says. "Bye amy" I say. "Bye mer" she hugs me again before walking away.

"I should go" I sniffle. "Come here" she says. I sob quietly, hugging her. Tears run down my cheeks.

I pull away slowly. I wipe my tears. "You want a lift home?" She asks. "Yes please" I nod, looking down. She grabs my bag for me and we walk out to the car. She drives me home.

"Thankyou for driving me" I say. "Of course" she says. "Can you- I- just.. make sure he's okay?" I whisper. "I will" she smiles.

"Do- do you think he'll.. change his mind?" I whisper. "Meredith you're a nice girl.. beautiful.. Derek's a stroppy idiot.. I promise you, you'll be back together before you know it" she says. I giggle, wiping my tears.

I shake my head. "I don't think we will" I say. She sighs. "Hes right.. we're really different.. plus, he's going back to London at the end of the week" I say.

"Bye carol" I get out of the car. "Bye sweetie" she says. I walk into my house and go up to my room. I climb under the covers and just cry.