27

valerie

--

'look, do you know where rue is?' i asked impatiently as bb took a puff from her vape, she blew the smoke out onto my face and laughed. 'nope, ask maddy... or like cassie. or maybe lexi,' she said before sending a air kiss towards me and walking away.

rue hasn't been in for the past week after the party, and neither has jules. something felt off because they're always together and they rarely skip school. well at least from what i knew of the two.

i shrugged it off and walked down the hallway towards my history class which i had.

i walked in and saw lexi sitting down next to an empty chair with all her pens out on her desk. i quickly took the empty seat next to her and leaned over to her, 'hey have you seen rue... or like even jules?' i asked as the teacher started to take attendance.

she looked at me and shook her head.

--

thank fuck school finished, it went by quick today but i honestly wasn't having it. i just wanted to leave school in a whole.

'uh, val?' i heard which made me jolt up right, 'oh hi sorry,' i apologised and looked towards ash. 'it's ight,' he said and got back to what he was originally saying, 'anyways, you could make crazy bag with that, im so smart.' he finished proudly which made me smile, unaware of what he was talking about.

my phone starting ringing which made me roll my eyes, i couldn't be asked with calling anyone right now. i pressed accept and put my phone to my ear.

'i need to figure this the fuck out, val you in?' a rushed and surprisingly energetic voice came out of the speaker. 'what?' i asked in pure confusion. 'oh, it's rue, don't ask how i got the number but i need you to come over right the fuck now,' she demanded practically yelling.

'alright i'll see if i can come.' i said before hearing the annoying beep after rue hung up. i look over to ash and pressed my lips together, 'you can go it's fine.' he said looking down at his phone, i shook my head, 'ash can we hang out later? im so sorry but whatever rue was talking about honestly sounded important.' i said moving over closer to him.

he nodded his head, he looked upset but what could i do?

'sorry ash.' i said before heading out.

--

'why would jules lie to help nate?' lexi asked as she lay on rues unmade bed. 'i don't know,' rue muttered, walking up and down her room. 'you haven't asked her yet?' i chimed in hoping to be somewhat useful.

lexi shot up and sat upright on rues bed squinting her eyes. i shook my head to lexi, 'well, doesn't that seem like the first logical step?' i shrugged turning to rue who stood there in a questionable stance. 'honestly stanley, this whole thing is beyond logic, unless... jules is in love with nate.' rue said which made lexi become even more confused.

honestly it made me too but what if rue was into something, why else would jules lie?

'ok so why would jules be in love with nate?' lexi asked, 'you should listen to me,' rue said starting to pace up and down her room again. 'listen, the night of the carnival, she said she wanted to go meet up with this guy she met online, okay? he's some fucking jock, he's from a conservative family and they were talking and texting. they've been texting for weeks and when i say texting, i don't just mean regular fucking texting. they were sexting.' rue said in a hurry trying not miss anything out.

'like... nudes?' lexi asked. 'yeah, oh and side note, very nice dick, very clean room but she never fucking saw his face.' rue noted which made lexis mouth drop open slightly. '...so she got catfished?' i asked which made rue shake her head to me. 'now hear me out, so the night of the carnival she made plans with this guy to meet up with him at the lake, okay? i fucking go home and the next thing i know she's fucking knocking at my window. she's all emotional, she's got fucking tears in her eyes. i say, jules, what the fuck happened? she looks at me and she goes... he didn't look like his pictures.' rue said in a long breath. 'well that's like the fucking definition of catfishing,' i responded back to rue getting more interested into rues 'case.'

'no, do you know what his name was?,' she asked while lifting her hand up in the air before slapping them on her thighs. 'nate jacobs...?' lexi responded unsure of her answer. 'tyler.' rue corrected her, 'wait, like tyler clarkson?' i questioned.

'you're goddamned right. maddy is 17 and tylers 22 and they fornicated. statutory, yeah. you saw it, i saw it, we all fucking saw it, including nate, and what is a lighter offense than statutory...?' rue asked which made me and lexi both think for a second before saying 'assault' in unison.

'bingo.' rue cheered as she plopped herself on the bed between me and lexi.

--

me and ash sat on the couch watching IT since we were both bored and me coming to his house was a everyday thing now, so he and fezco didn't mind.

fezco was in the other room taking care of his grandma so we tried to keep a little quiet for respect until we heard four loud bangs coming from the door.

ash got up and walked up to the monitors above his desk to see who it was, 'yo rues here,' ash shouted as i reached for the remote and paused the movie. 'let her in,' i heard fezco shout back.

rue stumbled in. if you asked me for what i thought, she was acting crazy. ever since the convention at her house with lexi she's been absolute batshit crazy. and not to mention, she's also been dragging this to school, i swear i cannot have peace when im with her, i could be pissing and she would be there talking to me about the case. it's not that i wasn't interested, because trust me, i was but now it's 24/7.

'fezco, fezco, fezco,' she said as she ran past me and ash to fezco. 'yo fez, so you know how in every 90s thriller, right, morgan freeman plays, like, the same semi psychic black cop. so, i know that's kind of racist, but the point is, in every movie, he's always calmly putting the fucking pieces of the case together, while everybody else around him is fucking freaking out, saying, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, morgan. you're... you're a fucking bad husband. you should fucking retire. but no, morgan is fucking hyper focused because he can see beyond the little details. he's looking for the big fuckin' picture, because all of this shit? it's connected fez. and it is way bigger than any of us can even fucking see. the point is, that's me. right now, that is fucking me. i can see everything so fucking clearly. i know what happened, i know why it happened, and i know what the fuck im gonna do about it.' she said loud enough for me to hear from the living room.

'word.' fez said absolutely baffled from what she just said, and honestly, i was too.

as they continued to talk about whatever they were talking about, i turned my attention to ash who ended sitting down on his chair where his pc was. 'ash come sit,' i said, patting the couch cushions next to me.

he looked up to me and got up, making his way to me before flopping down on the couch. i laughed a bit and looked to him, 'where the remote ma?' he asked, keeping eye contact.

i grabbed the remote from next to me and pressed play, i don't know why but i felt like i needed to be closer to ash in that moment.

so i leaned my head on his shoulder and pulled up my legs on the couch to my side.

au
ight so this chapter was longer than the other two but sadly ash has been barely in any of them because i have absolutely no idea how to make little nice and romantic scenes with the two💀💀
pls if you want to dm me or sum for things and moments you'd like to see please do🙏
not proof read yet sorry

1447 words