Ch.6 I spy...

Chapter 6

If it wasn't for the phone vibrating under her pillow, Elizabeth wouldn't have forced her mind out of the deep sleep she was trapped within. Reluctantly, she opened her eyes and blindly felt her way around the bed until her fingers found the phone. She hit the answer button and brought it to her ear.

"Hello," Elizabeth croaked, her throat dry and scratchy.

"Where are you?" Abby demanded. "You were supposed to be here two hours ago!"

"Shit," Elizabeth turned to the clock beside her bed. She was shocked to see it read 12 P.M.

"How far are you?" Abby asked, obviously not happy with her friend.

"I overslept," Elizabeth sat up in bed. She crawled over to the end and leaned down to grab her silk robe. "I'm so sorry. I'll be th-"

Just then, the bedroom door opened and Isaac walked in.

Elizabeth froze as her eyes fell on the man and his shirtless chest. His jeans hung low with the belt undone. His skin was golden, smooth and tight above his hard muscles. As Elizabeth's eyes slowly moved up, Isaac took a sip of his coffee and grind, knowing she was checking him out. His dark hair was messy and sticking up in all sorts of directions. His eyes were bright and awake.

"So there's no milk in the fridge," Isaac said. "Where do you planning on getting breakfast-"

"Who's that?" Abby's voice jolted Elizabeth out of her head.

Grabbing the phone and jumping off the bed, Elizabeth turned away as she began to fuss with her rob and adjust her shirt.

"Lizy, is there someone there with you?" Abby gasped, amused. "Okay, bestie! I see you. Yesss, girl. Get it!"

"Let me call you back?" Elizabeth lowered her voice, fully aware that Isaac was waiting for her by the door.

"Wait! What's his name? Where did you meet him? Did he spend the night?"

"I'll call you in a bit, Abby," Elizabeth said once more, in a hurry to get her friend off the phone. "Bye."

Before Abby could say anything else, Elizabeth hung up and turned to face the shirtless man standing behind her.

"You're being dumb, Elizabeth," Isaac said in all seriousness.

"Yes, so I keep telling myself," Elizabeth nodded, pushing her hair out of her face. She adjusted her rob and the straps of her tank top.

"You should have told your friend who you were with," Isaac said. "Does anyone know that I'm here with you right now?"

Elizabeth shook her head.

"And that is how you end up on murder mystery," Isaac said.

"I have a nanny cam," Elizabeth announced. "It's been recording you all night."

"And you feel good because you think that will keep you safe after I murder you and run away?" Isaac asked.

Elizabeth's eyes snapped up towards Isaac.

"Not that I would," Isaac explained. "Just a hypothetical situation. The objective here is to prevent the crime from happening. Not catch the criminal after the crime has happened."

"Do you plan on murdering me anytime today?" Elizabeth arched her brow.

"No, it's Sunday."

"Good," Elizabeth tossed her phone onto the bed. "By the way, where did you get coffee? I don't have coffee at home."