CH.16 Drop off Services

There was an eerie silence inside the luxury apartment as Elizabeth dressed for work the next morning. Ashni was no longer on the guest bed and Isaac and Ozzy were nowhere to be found.

Taking advantage of their absence, Elizabeth took her time in the shower and moved around with extreme caution. Any sudden move would set off the headache she knew was lingering behind her eyes. Elizabeth wiggled her hips to pull on her jeans before buttoning up her blouse and pulling on her white converse. In the kitchen, she made herself a tall glass of ice coffee and poured it into her thermos. Grabbing her bag off the side of the bed, she made her way out of the apartment and locked up with the spare set of keys Isaac said given her.

In the elevator, Elizabeth typed up a quick text and hit send, hoping it will deliver with the limited service she had inside the elevator. But as the doors slid open in the lobby, the chime from Isaac's phone caused both Isaac and Elizabeth to look up at the same time.

"Good morning," Elizabeth smiled.

Isaac stepped into the elevator with Ozzy behind him. Elizabeth's smile wavered slightly as she took a small step back to make space for the two.

"Morning, Lillybit," Isaac said, reaching back and hitting the underground garage button. "How did you sleep?"

"Fine," Elizabeth said casually.

"Yeah?" Isaac arched his brow.

"Yes," Elizabeth nodded, wondering why Isaac was staring at her. She quickly ran through her memories from the night before, trying to remember if she had done something stupid.

"You okay?" Isaac asked as Elizabeth's eyes moved.

"Uh-ha," Elizabeth nodded slowly. "I didn't....."

"You didn't?" Isaac waited.

"Did I?" Elizabeth spoke to herself aloud, not noticing how Isaac hung on her every word as if he wanted to see what realization she was coming to.

"You did," he said.

Elizabeth gasped.

"Oh my god!" Elizabeth's hand flew to her mouth. "Stop. Don't tell me I did it again."

"Again?" Isaac choked.

"It's a really bad habit," Elizabeth's cheeks were as red as a tomato. "This is why I don't drink!"

"Let's talk in the car...." Isaac didn't know what to say as he touched Elizabeth's elbow and led her out of the elevator. He hadn't planned on having this conversation with her....ever.

Elizabeth's heart beated against her chest as she let Isaac walk her to the passenger side of the car and hold the door open. They both waited as Ozzy climbed into the back seat before Elizabeth lowered her head and made her way inside. Isaac placed his hand on her head to make sure she didn't hit herself in her dazed and embarrassed state. When Isaac made his way to the driver's seat and buckled in, Elizabeth turned towards him and bit down on her bottom lip.

"Was I loud?" She asked.

Isaac shrugged, "A bit..."

"Oh my god," Elizabeth covered her face once more. She should have known her curse of drunk karaoke would follow her around for the rest of her life. "Your poor neighbors."

"I don't think they heard," Isaac laughed, feeling uneasy in his seat. The car was suddenly too small and he was extremely aware of Elizabeth's perfume and the smell of her shampoo.

"No?" Elizabeth peaked from behind her hands.

"No," Isaac shook his head.

"How loud was I?" Elizabeth asked. "Did I at least sound good?"