I really wanted to

Going out after the sports festival felt strange. He'd already been trying to lay low. Avoid the wandering eyes and scrutinizing looks as he ambled out in public. It didn't help that his face had been broadcasted to the entire country, along with his damning status as an SAO survivor.

Pulling his hood up, burrowing into the warmth of his jacket, he walked through the throngs of people shuffling along the pavement. His hands were firmly shoved into his stiff pockets, reveling in the smooth fabric inside. It served to distract him from all the stares. Every move he made, every muscle and fiber of his body felt as if they were being studied under the lens of a microscope. People's sharp gazes seemed to trace his steps, watching through thinly veiled disgust and trepidation as he passed them by.

His brand had been revealed to the public during the sport's festival. His notoriety had only risen since then, marking him as a 'survivor' in the eyes of the world.

Ever since he woke up all those months ago, he had d learned the hard way that his status brought out the worst in people.

Still, he did his best to avoid the oncoming horde of civilians. Shuffling and dodging shoulders and stray feet as he made his way to the train station. Two scabbards were strapped to his back, held by crisscrossing black leather belts that were settled comfortably over his chest. A familiar, welcomed weight as he walks.

Aizawa wanted the class to meet up there before sending them off to their internships. It was also most likely an opportunity for him to caution them against any 'unseemly' behavior while they were in the care of their mentors.

Unsurprisingly, Izuku's hadn't gotten many offers. In fact, he'd gotten two in total. One was from an unknown old hero, going by the name of Gran Torino. While the second offer came from none other than Endeavor's hero agency. Which, honestly, kind of disturbed him.

His last interaction with the fire hero hadn't exactly been pleasant. Given everything Todoroki had to say about the man, it made him wonder what the hero's motives were.

Nevertheless, it was the perfect opportunity to help Todoroki out, even if it meant Izuku would have to act as a literal buffer between the two.

One thing was certain, though. The following week would be interesting.

__________________________

"Okay settle down." Aizawa drawled, his voice low and bored. "Before you go off on your own, I'd like to remind you that every action you will take while you're away will reflect on the school." His eyes raked over the lot of them, failing to mask the thinly veiled threat behind his words. "In other words, behave." He said finally. His hand coming up in a shooing motion once he was done. The class remained for a few more seconds there, only moving when the teacher spoke up one last time. "You can go now." His tone seemed to snap them out of whatever fear-induced trance they'd been caught up in, as they all headed their separate ways.

Izuku couldn't help but snicker under his breath, hiding a grin behind his hand as he shot the teacher a look. Meeting bored red eyes for a moment before turning to go on his way. He was sure the amusement in the older man's eyes wasn't a figment of his imagination. Aizawa really did enjoy putting everyone on edge.

Todoroki didn't hesitate to fall into the step with him as the latter made his way to the train.

Their compartment was crowded beyond belief. It was lucky they even managed to find themselves space to stand, let alone a seat with all the bodies currently jammed against each other. He could already feel multiple pairs of eyes glaring at him.

Looking at the lone seat, next to a line of people, Izuku gestured for the taller boy to sit down. Todoroki seemed to hesitate then, eyes widening with surprise as he stared, almost blankly back at the greenette.