Answers

I looked out of the window of the fort. We were trying to make sure that Henderson and Daniels stayed safe. "Who all opened that chest?" Rick asked, and Daniels sighed. "Henderson, me and Burns." He said, sadness in his tone as he said his lost friends name.

"And that Egyptologist fella." Henderson added. I looked at him. "What about our little friend Beni?" I asked, sort of hoping he was cursed too. That might be terrible to think, but I did anyway.

Daniels shook his head. "No, he hightailed it out of there screaming about a curse." Daniels said, and I was disappointed. Where was Beni's karma? "Sounds like Beni." Rick said spitefully.

"We need to go protect the doctor." Jonathan said, walking into the room. I nodded and glanced at Rick. "Alright, let's go." He said and Evie came out of her room. "I'm going." She told Rick, her face hardened with resolve. Rick sighed. "No. It's too dangerous." He told her. "I am going!" She said louder this time.

I glanced at Rick. He sighed and walked over to Evie and threw her over his shoulder. "Put me down right this instant!" Evie shrieked. She glanced at Jonathan and I. "Jonathan! Addy! Help me!" She yelled, hitting Rick on the back. "I'm sorry, he's.. tall." Jonathan said, looking worriedly at Rick.

Rick set Evie down and closed the door. Rick came storming over to me. "No! Don't you dare!" I said, pulling out my pistol. Rick rolled his eyes. Evie pounded on the door. "Let me out right now! I'm going to kill you!" Evie yelled.

Rick turned to Daniels and Henderson. "You watch that door. No one goes in, no one gets out. Understand?" Rick asked them. They nodded. I pulled my hair into a ponytail as we walked out to the car. I didn't need it flying in my face if we got into a fight.

We reached the house of the doctor. When we walked in, we saw Beni rifling though his drawers and throwing things around. Of course he was here. "Let me guess, spring cleaning?" Rick asked him and Beni turned to us.

He let out a yelp and tried to run. Rick picked up a chair and threw it at him, knocking him to the floor. "Nice shot!" Jonathan and I chimed. "Jinx." I said, poking him in the arm. He chuckled and poked me back, and I let out a giggle. "Hello, can you two stop giggling like teenagers and help?" Rick said to us, seeming annoyed, and I fought back a smile.

We walked up towards Rick. He picked Beni up and dangled him by his collar. "You came back from the desert with a new friend, didn't you Beni?" Rick asked and Beni whimpered.

"What do you get from helping this creep?" I asked, giving him a look of disgust. "It's better to be in the right hand of the devil than in his path." Beni said and I rolled my eyes. Beni muttered something in Arabic. "What did you say?." Rick said, lifting Beni higher. "If I tell you, you'll just hurt me more." Beni said.

"What does he want?" I asked Beni and he turned to glare at me. "He wants the book. The Book of the Dead." Beni said, and I cursed. I knew what he wanted. To resurrect someone. And I had a feeling I knew who that someone was."What would he want that for?" Jonathan asked. "I don't know!" Beni shrieked but Rick picked him up closer to the metal fan.

"Ah! Something about bringing his dead girlfriend to life. But that's all he wants I swear." Beni said, and Rick let him down. "And your sister." He told Jonathan. I heard a loud scream and Rick looked around. Beni took this as his moment. He punched Rick in the stomach then ran and jumped out of the window.

I ran to the window and saw Beni running off. I didn't know how he even survived the fall. He seemed to have undeserved good luck. We ran outside to see the Egyptologist had been drained of life as well. Imhotep was standing over him. He turned to look at us and then disappeared in a blaze of sand. I looked at Rick. "Evie." We all said and rushed to get back to the Fort.