Chapter 5: Watermelon Lemonade

Watermelon Lemonade

Chapter 5

Watermelon Lemonade

"What is wrong with the watermelon lemonade?" The previous master of form gasped looking up at the man sitting just behind Inky. His feet were up on the table. His mouth hung low as he looked at the large nindroid.

"Don't mind him." Inky said as she put the spoon down and ran her sleeve over her chin. "He's my uncle. They both are..." Shaw looked around Cryptor at Mindroid who was drinking from a straw...well...at least it looked like he was. His optics went from the magazine on the table to the man.

"Your...uncles? Just how many siblings did Danny have?"

"Uh...well there are thousands of hornets..."Inky said coughing and groaning, shaking her head looking up at Dareth who seemed concerned.

"What happens if you drink it?" Zane asked again.

"Well at first you just have cramps, fever, sweating, you...pretty much start to offload a lot of moisture."

"Zareth drank some too." Cryptor said.

"Ah, not really. He took a swallow before Inky kinda...took it from us...and drank it." The master of form looked at Inky.

"So you drank a good...two cups of it." Inky looked up at the man while holding up three fingers. "Three! Geez, you better get yourselves to sylvia. She's our medical doctor. She'll know what to do. I ain't never drank it myself, but I hear that some kids have it better then others. But three..." He ran his fingers down his face and stood up looking up at the ceiling before shaking his head.

"Alright, let's go...hope she's not sleepin off anything." He motioned for the others to follow him quickly.

"I'd like to sleep off something..." Inky groaned. Zane plucked her up and even allowed Cryptor to take her from him. He was a police droid and had equipment on him that could help her.

"No sleeping short sheet. Not till we figure out what's in that watermelon lemonade." Dareth said, rubbing her back.

The hospital looked like an old building cut out of the 1960s. Painted white, with an H on a small piece of wood by the fence.

"Why do I feel like if we go in there we'll get murdered." Inky asked, looking up at Cryptor as he let out a soft growl.

"As if we would allow it." Cryptor felt a soft hand on his cheek. He looked down at the tender child and sighed.

"I have a code to follow now, so I will not murder anyone...but I will harm them...a lot if they try to hurt you." Dareth had been seeing a lot of these tender moments. Cryptor had changed a lot since his days as the general.

Shaw banged on the door looking inside. "Hey old bear!" Okay she wasn't really a bear, but oh she was large though. Inky wondered if she could hug her...she just looked huggable. But also very intimidating.

"What do you want Shaw! You didn't get bit again did you? Hows that leg doing?" Inky looked down at Shaws leg and then up at her.

"Leg...?"

Sylvia burst out laughing as she clapped Shaw on the back and looked around.

"Alright, who's the one you bringin m..." She looked at Shaw and then at the droids.

"I don't do droids now. I'm a human medic...if'n you want someone for that. Jacking is the guy for you. He's a few d..." Shaw sighed and pointed.

"Its Farviles clan." Sylvia looked around at them and narrowed her eyes. Her eyes fell on Dareths and she sighed.

"Yeah those be his eyes." Dareth looked confused. What did his grandfather have so much to do with this town?