Chapter 6: Tunnels

Watermelon Lemonade

Chapter 6

Tunnels

"I don't understand, what does my pap have anything to do with Limon?" Sylvia motioned to the bed and watched as Cryptor lay her down.

"I'd imagine he'd have told you since you inherited the rails...right?" Dareth shook his head.

"The rails belong to the city. I used the money to pay off my debts. I wanted a clean slate when I went into business for myself. Didn't want to drag my family down with me." That was honest business.

"At least now the owner still sends food."

"Send food?"

"Well yeah, during the war Farvile was the one who had that track demolished, didn't want it being used for or against anyone...but still wanted us to stay safe. Especially the young ones. He liked kids, took care of all of us. Had a track laid underground for us. Still transported food from a source in the city.

"But after a little while Farvile stopped coming by himself...something about personal reasons and retirement...I got word that his lung gave out and we never heard anything else. I guess...you were the result." She chuckled looking down at Inky and narrowed her eyes. "But this ones not yours."

"N...No she's not. We adopted her." Yup thats just what Inky wanted to hear, how much she didn't belong to them. It was a very lonely feeling.

"She's ours..."

"Yours? Looks like she's a human to me...a human that's got a terrible case of the waters." She put her fingers over Inky's neck and closed her eyes. "This is going to be a very long night." She pulled something over. Inky couldn't tell just what it was.

"What is that?" Zane asked, looking at Cryptor.

"It's a blood letter...but she would need someone that has the same blo...oh..." He looked at the woman and shook his head. "You can't use that."

"Why can't I use it? Unless she just ain't got blood. She's human, ain't she?" The woman asked. Cryptor shook his head.

"My blood is ink." She spat on her hand and held it up for the woman to look at. She gasped and looked at it and then down at her.

"Oh sweet spinjitzu, what happened to you?"

"Elemental master of Ink." She said looking up at the woman.

"So you're like...them ninja guys in the city?"

"I am one of those ninja guys..." Zane pulled his hood over his face.

"You said...they're Farviles clan...he's..."

"He's my grandfather, and we're trying to look for my wife who was lost..." The woman looked at Shaw.

"I have lived for quite some time, but I ain't never seen something this...loony in all my years." She sighed running her fingers through her hair.

"Alright, we're gonna need the antidote. Go see Springer, he'll give it to you, I can't blood let so this is going to be harder than it's supposed to be. You just gonna have to drink lots of water kid." She sighed sitting down.

"I'll stay with her...you go." Cryptor sat down on the edge of the bed and watched as Min pushed Zane and Dareth out the door. They both hit the floor and Zareth looked up at the white picket fence.

"What...did you two get me into this time?"