Fifteen

They all watched as he went down. Bethany rushed over to him as he hit the ground, "No no no no Alex."

Spencer gasped as Martha also yelled, "Alex!" They all rushed to his side. Tillie kneeled down, lightly tapping on his cheeks to see if that would wake him.

Bethany began panicking. "Alex please talk to me."

From where he stood, Fridge watched what was happening.

"Wake up, please wake up."

Tillie looked down, noticing the tattoo on Alex's arm. It was slowly disappearing. "His tattoo is disappearing."

Martha responded, "He's dying."

"Guys we can't let him, we're too close!" Bethany continued while looking around, "Does anyone know how to perform CPR?"

Spencer looked down, "Start with three chest compressions."

Tillie nodded at Bethany.

Bethany began the chest compressions while counting, "One, two, three." She panicked because it didn't look like anything was happening. She looked up, motioning her hands. "How do I do this?"

Tillie continued, "Beth, pinch Alex's nose. Then, you want to open his mouth, I'm talking full on lip lock."

Spencer agreed, "Tillie's on the right track. One breath, then the second breath, and then try repeating it."

Bethany pinched his nose, as instructed. Leaning down, she locked lips and deeply breathed. After two breaths, she leaned back trying to see if anything happened.

Fridge watched the scene in front of him.

Bethany leaned forward, repeating the process of giving Alex CPR.

Tillie whispered, "Come on Alex, come back to us."

Martha motioned to Bethany, "Stop, your tattoo. It looks like you're giving Alex one of your lives."

Tillie looked at Dr. Shelly Oberon's arm, noticing one of the life marks was disappearing. She looked down at Alex's arm, noticing that his tattoo was coming back. "Guys look, Martha's right!"

They all looked down at Alex's arm.

"I'm fine with that."

Martha looked at Bethany, "But what happens if you end up needing it for yourself?"

Bethany met her gaze, "I want Alex to make it home too."

Bethany began CPR once more on Alex. This time however, Alex started breathing again.

Spencer looked at him shocked.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

Alex looked around, as Bethany flopped back. She laid sprawled on the grass next to him.

He grunted as he tried to sit up, "What happened?"

Tillie looked at him and smiled, "Beth gave you one of her lives."