Iwaizumi Hajime

Title: Who are you?
➪ Prompt: Iwaizumi meets someone nostalgic.

☔︎ ☔︎

Iwaizumi could never feel happy about what he did, he thought he would never leave her side.

[First name] [Surname], the only woman he was close with, well except for his mother, Oikawa's mother and sister and some elder women he knows. She was a huge exception for romantic love. She was a nice girl, a girl you would never let go of. She was the girl who made him realize what love at first sight felt like.

The day they met was at a party with a girl in Matsukawa's class. The girl, Jihara Ayashi was a huge simp for women, mostly [First name] due to how nice she was and that even if she was a huge simp, [First name] wouldn't mind her clinginess. They all met at the gates of the Jihara residence, Iwaizumi was a statue when he met [First name], he even accidentally spiked Oikawa's back as if it was a volleyball right in front of Ayashi and [First name]. After that day, Oikawa, being such an expert with crushes and falling in love in different way, started teasing Iwaizumi about how he felt about the sweet girl with Matsukawa and Hanamaki 'ohh'ing right behind them like the 'supportive' friends they are.

After the event, you became close with the 4 due to how funny Matsukawa was, how relatable Hanamaki was like for you, how handsome and lovable Oikawa was, and how strong and cool Iwaizumi was.

You admired Iwaizumi's strength, you admit he was awesome, but of course, like most girls, Oikawa caught your attention most due to him being handsome and amazing in your eyes.

This didn't really make him happy but what made him happy was the fact he could get close to you a lot more.

One time, while at practice, Oikawa of course like with every girl flirted with [First name] but once she left he went silent. Iwaizumi got weirded out, so he tried to talk to him but once got up to him, Oikawa held him by the shoulder and looked at him. "Iwa-chan.. Please be at [Nickname]-chan's side no matter where, no matter what.."

That was his biggest goal, to keep you safe and to be by your side, not only for Oikawa but for his and her own good. He knew she wasn't in love with him, but he loved her dearly.

But once his back was turned, he heard the worst news ever.

The girl he loved, the girl he trusted and protected for him, Oikawa and herself passed away. She passed away due to having an illness which she kept for a long time now. She never told anyone about it, not even her parents.

At her funeral, many were there, her family, her relatives, her friends from school, even people who only knew her at a daily schedule outside school, even the teachers stopped their work just to see one of their students emotionless yet beautiful face one more time. But the people who got hurt most was Ayashi, Oikawa, [First name]'s family and of course, Iwaizumi.

He was heartbroken, depressed due to the incident, even after 10 years, he still couldn't move on.

It was around 8 years later, Iwaizumi graduated and got a job, but it wasn't enough for him to move on from her death.

He was on his way home when he got a call from Matsukawa, who he hasn't been able to talk to for a long while. "Hello..?"

"Iwa! You answered!" Matsukawa replied quickly from the other line. "Don't call me that, did Oikawa infect you or something?"

"No! The thing is, Ayashi call me and Makki after a long time too! And she met this girl at a Cafe at her break and she wants to have a party at the Jihara residence like in High school and she wants us to meet the girl-"

"Hold on, let me get this straight, Sh met a girl and she wants us to meet her by throwing a party? Did she grow up or didn't she?" Iwaizumi cut out, surprised that Ayashi's still an addict with women and still has the same planning skills from High school instead of growing up and being mature. "Uh, yes. I wanna know if she's even still as dumb as she was at High school."

"Don't act like you're not dumb."

"Hey! Uncalled for Iwa!"

"Don't call me that or I'll break your neck through the call."

It was the day of the party and Iwaizumi was all ready, he was outside Ayashi's hometown and was waiting for his old friends. "Oh, Iwaizumi!" And speaking of the Devils.

"Long time no see- Damn, how much workouts have you done every week? You look buff." Makki complained, holding both his and Iwaizumi's hand out in front of each other. "Yeah, nice seeing you twig arm."

"Not cool Iwaizumi, not cool!"

The 4 walked all the way to Ayashi's home, having different faces. Oikawa was as confident as ever, Makki was trying to fix his hair and Matsukawa was shaking in excitement. But Iwaizumi could only feel sad and gloomy, the house reminded him so much about the girl he fell in love with.

Once they reached the gates, they saw Ayashi and an unknown girl, but once she turned around the 4 boys were completely shocked.

She had [Eye color] eyes with matching [Hair length] [Hair color] locks. Iwaizumi felt she was so familiar. "Who are you..?"

"Oh, nice to meet you, I'm [Random Surname] [First name]!"