Aone Takanobu

Title: Emotionless
Prompt: Aone fell in love with a girl at the wrong time.

☔︎ ☔︎

The day they met was very sweet. One of their upperclassmen, Sasaya Takahito invited a friend group over one day, there were many of them and all of them were 3rd years.

There was the social butterfly, Moruki Madoka. Then there was Issai Amane, who was the anti-social person in the group.

Harabane Kyoku, The loudest of the group and there was [Surname] [First name], the quiet yet sarcastic person of the group, along with Waka Yasuke, who sides with whatever she says.

[First name] was the first to ever speak to them. Sarcastically.

"Volleyball team? Really, Takahito-san? If you brought us to the Baseball club we could have been more excited." [First name] spoke, hand infront of her mouth, giggling through it while Yasuke was copying her state. "Yeah, maybe even the arts club would be better that this"

The two, not so surprisingly triggered both Kamasaki and Futakuchi and the other members sweat-dropped, with Sasaya laughing awkwardly and Moniwa was pretty mad, but he looked more cute than mad.

Aone, of course was trying to take Kamasaki and Futakuchi away from the duo, while Kyoku and Madoka was reassuring them, with Amane, sweating bullets telling the sarcastic duo to apologize.

That day brought a boy to fall in love.

Aone slowly got close to the group, specially with [First name], not because they talked together but because the silence between the two was comfortable for each other, well, for [First name] but Aone was just feeling so scared to talk to a girl, and he thought she would just straight up dissappear when he talks, like how every girl would react.

But that never happened. Because he never talked to her.

"Why can't you just get it out of your chest and tell her about how you're head over heels for her? You're too scary when you're in love anyway." Futakuchi bluntly complained, while playfully punching Aone's arm but Aone wasn't really having a normal feeling. "I don't think that would be easy, Futakuchi.. What if she gets scared or insults me?"

"Then just cut her off! Jeez, why are you scared of her, she pisses me off!" Futakuchi complain again, punching the air like he was actually punching [First name]. "[First Name] is our upperclassmen."

"So what if she is?!"

Aone's whole year was like that until he turned into a 3rd year with the worst news ever.

[First name] and and Yasuke started dating. Yasuke confessed to [First name] and she accepted happily.

He felt heartbroken that he was too late. He tried his best to move on but the first 2 years after hearing the news wasn't really the best years for him. Once the two years, he moved on happily, successful.

But of course, deep inside, he still felt heartbroken.

With [First name], she never felt so happy.

"You know Yasuke, I'm confused. Why are you love with me? You just said that in High school out of nowhere actually." She asked, her head on Yasuke's lap. "I loved you because you were there for me. Nothing happened in my childhood, and that was the thing, my childhood used to be so boring and silent until you came along, you were my everything."

"Don't be too lovey dovey, I'm getting embarrassed.." [First name] blushed, punching Yasuke's stomach playfully.

It was a lovely day, [First name] was heading to a beach outside her and Yasuke's campus.

Lovely day, huh. Or so she thought.

She went out to the beach for relaxing, since it was a rest day for her from college. She was under an umbrella, at the shore near the water lines.

"Don't go further to the sea!" She warned the kids, who were swimming near her, to which of course she watched over the children. "Ok big sis!" The children responded.

But unbeknownst to the Eldest of the children, a young boy was slowly headed further to the sea, curious about what the green thing inside the water was. (A/N: It was just harmless weed)

Before the girl could get comfortable, a loud scream was heard from the waters. "Help! Help! Big sis, I'm stuck-" The kid was cut of by the water, as he started drowning.

[First name] dived in the water, looking for the kid near the shore, but then when she rose up to the water, she realized the kid drowning while being carried further away at sea. This startled her and made her swing quicker than before.

She was getting scared, although she was saving this kid, she wasn't the best at swimming.

She pulled the kid up to her chest and swam to shore, but she couldn't make it, she started loosing air, so she let go of the kid, who as already running to safety.

But before she could save herself, her breath ran out, and she drowned in the salty sea.

The news of [First name]'s death hit many people, the children from the beach, many adults who tried to bring her back to life at the beach, her family also were heartbroken by the news too.

But Aone and Yasuke had it hard.

Aone heard the news same with the Volleyball team right before one of their matches, he promised himself that he would win the match for her, but unexpectedly lost due to how focused he was about her.

Yasuke had a mental breakdown and locked himself in their dorm where they lived together and cried the whole afternoon, he knew a day without her would come, he just didn't expect it to be today.

[First name]'s friend group was also changed due to the news. Madoka was reassuring herself that she isn't dead or would start screaming crazily. Amane was getting more silent than usual and it was getting a little bit terrifying to the people around her. Kyoku wasn't having the best time, once she hears, see's or says something that reminded him of her, he starts being quiet and then changes the subject of what he was saying.

Sasaya wasn't going too good with the news as well. He wanted to move on but of course he couldn't, even Kamasaki was hurt by the news when Sasaya told him and Moniwa about what happened.

Aone really had a horrible feeling. Specially during the funeral, he still had a heavy stone hitting his heart repeatedly. He stared at the bright, beautiful yet embarrassed face in the frame and the now emotionless, lifeless body in the domb. He really wished he saw her smile at him too. If only he spoke faster.

"You really are an emotionless kid, huh?"

Aone then perked up, looking around only to see nothing. He fell into a sad aura again, feeling sad that he's still hearing that low yet lovely voice of the person he loved.

Right beside him, [First name]'s spirit was floating, her body pale but she still had the clothes she wore when she was at the beach. "I guess I gotta go, huh? Well, take care kid. And take care of Yasuke for me.. Huh?"

The spirit smiled as she slowly disappeared form the world for good.