Waking Up

I felt a warm hand run up and down my side and heard a voice say "Hey beautiful, you need to wake up now." then he peppered my face with kisses, I freaked and pushed him back but calmed as I listened to Carlisle's voice, "Hey Baby girl, I need you to look at me." I blinked and turned to look at him, he said, "How do you feel?" I said "I hurt." he said "Where?" I said "Everywhere but mostly my head, What happened? Where is my sister?" he said, "Whats the last thing you remember?" I looked at Billy and the boy sitting by me and said "Do I have to?" he urged me "Aqua I can't help you until you tell me." I sighed "Fine, the parking lot, I told her going that way was a bad idea, his arms were so tight around my waist, the blade was cold against my neck and stomach, and I was terrified. We were surrounded, is Bella ok?" he nodded "She is ok, she is here but she has a broken leg. But Aqua, it wasn't from that attack, she came out of that unharmed." 

I said "What happened? How did we get out of that?" he looked at Billy and the stranger and said, "Can you guys excuse us please?" Billy nodded and said "Nick, out." the boy... Nick... left the room with Billy. Carlisle sat on the bed in front of me and said "Aqua, Alice, Jasper, and Edward saved you guys. That was two weeks ago, you were attacked by a vampire." I said "When?" he said, "Three days ago, Bella got caught at our baseball game and kidnapped you from the rez..." I said "Kidnapped?" he sighed "You didn't want to come." I said "Why not? You're my family." he smiled at me and said, "Because do you remember finding out about..." I said "Alexander Hale? Yeah." he nodded "You had Billy help you find Alexander and then you, Bella, and Alexander confronted Charlie." I was confused "Why would I do that? Im, not 18 yet and he would kick me out if he knew." Carlisle said "Exactly, he did. You were mad and upset and you told Edward and Jasper that you were avoiding us because you didn't want to be comforted yet, you wanted to feel the emotions without being reassured everything would be ok." 

I said, "And the boy who kissed me?" Carlisle said "That is Nickolas Black, Billy's nephew, and your boyfriend. You fell for him pretty past, but that's because I'm pretty sure he is your mate." I said "Then I probably hurt him when I freaked." he said, "I think he understands, from what he said when you woke the first time. James, the vampire, wanted you and you denied him it's why you were so injured. But after hearing about the attack in Port Angeles topped with you not remembering meeting him I think he understands." I said "It sounds like we hit it off, will I ever remember it?" he said "Maybe, with time. But there are no guarantees." I said "How's Bella?" he said, "Good, she has a broken leg and he bit her on the wrist but Edward sucked the venom out." I said, "I thought he couldn't handle being around her blood?" Carlisle said, "People can do extraordinary things for love, my dear. I'll send Bella in and update Billy." I nodded "Can you apologize to Nick for me? If he is my boyfriend then I feel really bad for pushing him away." He kissed my head "Of course, though I guarantee he isn't mad." 

He left the room and Bella came in shortly and I scooted over so she laid with me and hugged me "I was so worried for you and then Nick and Billy said you didn't remember anything since Port Angeles and... Im just so relieved you're ok." I said "Im ok, so you kidnapped me?" she looked down and said "You didn't want to leave Nick but I was so worried because I knew James would go to the house and your scent was all over it and I didn't want you to be killed. Im sorry, if I didn't force you then this wouldn't have happened. It's all my fault." I said "B. Talk me through it, you forced me into the truck then what happened?" she sighed "We went to the Cullen's and Jasper and Alice took us to Arizona, at the hotel you were napping and they were checking us out. I got a call from mom... or so I thought. I asked you to come with me to save her and you came to make sure I stayed alive though you didn't want to save her. She wasn't even there, it was a trap. James was the only one there with a tape from when we were 6 and in ballet. It's all my fault." 

I said, "Did you force me to go save her?" Bella shook her head "No, you asked me that too and I said no but I was going." I said "then it's not your fault. I chose to go, I most likely knew it was dangerous and I went anyway that's on me." She said "But I took you to Arizona. And I feel responsible for you getting kicked out." I said "Oh stop it, it's not your fault. What I want to know is all the information I told you about the cute boy since he is apparently my boyfriend." Bella said "All I know is he is Billy's nephew, and he asked you to be his girlfriend after you went to the beach with him and Sam's group. You said you were nervous about what Billy would think because you live with him but..." Billy came in and said "But I was ok with it, he isn't mad at you. Dr. Cullen said you were worried he was. He is just giving you space because he doesn't want to scare you." he held his hand out so I placed mine in his, Carlisle came in and said, "Someone wants to see you." I said "Who? Nick?" Carlisle said "Yes but he is waiting for you to want to see you. I mean Alex." 

Billy said, "Yeah he has been so worried about you." I said, "Go ahead, let both of them in." Bella said "Both?" I nodded "Yeah if they both care about me they should get to see I'm ok, and hear whats happening. But Billy you're my guardian so I guess it's up to you." he said "No my dear, it's up to you. So if you want both then both it is." Carlisle opened the door and said "You both can come in." they came in and I said, "See I'm ok." Alex said "Barely." I rolled my eyes "Im ok, it's my memory that's not." Carlisle said, "And from all the tests I estimate that it's just slight amnesia which means your memory will return it could take anywhere from hours or days the longest I think is a week." Alex said, "But she is ok?" Carlisle nodded "Yes she is ok, she has a few large cuts due to the glass but we stitched them up, we had to fix her shoulder that was dislocated, and now I need to talk to her so I ask you all to wait outside." I said, "Why can't they stay?" Carlisle said, "They can if you want them to, but with this conversation, teen girls tend to not want their caregivers around." 

I said "I don't care, if they get uncomfortable they can leave but I don't mind, whats going on?" he said "Ok then, you pissed James off rather well, he didn't like being turned down and to get back at you he crushed your pelvis. Now when you first got here we did surgery to fix it, but you will be on bed rest for 2 weeks, then using crutches for 3-4 months. It's important to keep weight off your hips. The good news is you're young and fit so it won't disable you. However, because of the damage, you may have some lifelong problems. I will prescribe you pain meds, which should help but I need you to understand the pain from walking, sitting, laying down, and sexual activity may always be there." I said "Damn, is this going to affect my chances of having kids?" Carlisle said, "No, depending on how your pelvis heals depends on if you can have kids vaginally but it won't prevent you from having them." Bella said, "That's good, your dream can still happen." I said, "How did I piss off one man so much?" 

Bella said, "He hit on you." I said, "Oh and here I thought men were taking my reject better after Quinton got arrested." Bella laughed "Sorry sis, you are still a catch." I said, "Or we switch and you get hit on by the crazy man next." Alex said, "This happens a lot?" Billy said, "As far as I know it's never gotten her in the hospital but yeah, Charlie always told me he wished he could lock all the boys up." I said "It's been a constant theme since I was 5, mostly adults. Ok so anything I have to worry about? Bed rest, pain, sexual pain which isn't even a problem, and meds?" he said "Yes, and remember this is going to be a long painful process, but recovery only happens if you work on it. You can't just give up in 4 or 5 months because it's hard, you have to have food for your body to heal. I realize eating is hard but you need to find something or someone to live for because if you let your anorexia get the best of you, you will not recover. No swimming or baths for 8 weeks, you can shower just be careful and direct the water away from your incision. No driving, don't insert anything into your vagina including creams, no lifting anything more than 10 lbs, and do not walk by yourself. But you can go home today." Bella said "Yeah Aqua, no creams, tampons, or Nick in your vagina." I covered my face "You did not just say that." she said,d "I did, because I forgot he was behind me." I pulled the pillow over my face to hide.