Act 3 - Striking the Set

One Month Later...

As the time for club activities approached, I got up and started walking towards where the drama club was meeting. Today our next play is going to be announced alongside our roles, and so Shizuku will definitely be here today. Typically it's up in the air as to whether she'll be here or the idol club for practice, but it isn't like she isn't getting her fair share of practice for both every day.

As I headed through the halls, I saw Shizuku up ahead, talking to a girl with ash brown hair. As I walked up to them, I smiled and said "Hey Shizuku."

"Oh hey Y/n." Shizuku said "This is my friend Kasumi, she's also in the idol club"

"Well hey, it's nice to meet you." I said

"It's nice to meet you too." Kasumi responded

"You know what Shizuku, the next time you're doing a live performance, you gotta tell me. I'm really curious as to what you're like up there, and I wanna cheer on my friend." I said

Shizuku smiled and said "I'd be happy to have you come see me, I'll be sure to tell you the next time."

"I hope you'll come to see me perform too, I'm sure you'll be blown away by my cuteness." Kasumi said

"Oh really? Well then, I'm looking forward to seeing you up there too." I said. I gotta admire that confidence of hers.

"Anyways Kasumi, Y/n and I should be heading to the drama club since there's going to be some important stuff about our next play. I'll see you later." Shizuku said

"Alright, I'll see you then Shizuko." Kasumi said, heading her separate way.

"She seems like a nice person." I said

"Yeah, she can be a bit competitive, but she's pretty considerate." Shizuku said

"I see." I said

The two of us continued to talk to each other as we headed to the club room, and as we got there we took a seat, and we continued our conversation as we waited for the rest of the club to get there. Eventually however, club activities began and the club president walked up front and said "Alright everybody, like was mentioned, today we'll be going over our next performance and assigning roles." She pulled out a script and said "Our next performance is going to be of Porcelain Moon, which was actually a play written by members of the club five years ago."

As curious as I was about what the play was about, I figured I probably shouldn't get distracted and I could just wait until I got my script to find out about the play. As we went over things, when we got to our roles and the club president eventually turned to me and said "Y/n, if you'll accept it, you'll be playing the part of our male lead, Roland."

"Of course, I'd be happy to play the part." I said. Guess I'm gonna be putting in some extra effort for this, not that I'm complaining.

The club president then turned to Shizuku and said "And you Shizuku, will be playing our female lead, Celia."

Smiling, Shizuku nodded and said "I'd be happy to."

Eventually we were cut loose to read through the script and talk things out with the characters that we'd be around the most. As I read through the script, I found out it was a romance, where a young knight who after finding corruption in the force, retired and moved out to a rural town on the border, and as he settles in, the kingdom he used to protect finally falls, and the princess, now alone and a peasant, escapes and ends up finding her way to the same town. There, the two meet, and as she adjusts to her new life, and the male lead starts to find peace and companionship in her, an influential duke from her fallen kingdom comes, saying that with her hand in marriage, they would be able to rebuild her kingdom. In the end however, the duke's final attempt to gain such power, he tries to kidnap her, only to be stopped by the male lead who accepts his past and finds a new purpose in her, with afterwards, the two confessing their love to each other. The story definitely doesn't seem bad at all, plus I'm a sucker for a romance with a good ending.

After I finished reading through the script, I waited for Shizuku to finish reading through the script herself to ask "So what do you think?"

Shizuku looked up from it and said "It seems wonderful. The members of the drama club that wrote this came up with such a sweet story and were gifted at coming up with plays. The way that Celia has given up ever living the life she had before, and just finds comfort in her love for Roland is something I really love"

"Yeah, I was a little unsure about what it's quality was going to be like when I first found out about it being written by students from five years ago, but I'm pleasantly surprised." I said

Shizuku smiled and sighed to herself as she said "Whenever I read scripts like this, I can't help but wonder if someday I'll meet my soulmate, and what they'll be like."

I shrugged and said "Who knows? Maybe they're closer than you know."

Shizuku looked up at me, blushing slightly and said "Huh?"

"I'm just saying, who knows when you'll find your soulmate, it could be sooner than you think." I said

"R-right." Shizuku said before taking a deep breath, her blush starting to fade.

The two of us spoke for a while longer, but when club activities came to an end, we headed our separate ways since I was gonna do a bit of work on my homework at the library. However, as I began to leave the room, it dawned on me why Shizuku blushed when I said her soulmate may be closer than she knows, and I felt my cheeks start to heat up as I realized that to her it must have sounded like I was flirting or something, and the fact we're playing the lead roles in a romance doesn't help with that. I mean Shizuku is an amazing girl, and really cute, but with how my situation is, I don't know if I should be in a relationship anytime soon.

"Come on Y/n, that's something you can figure out some other time." I muttered to myself as I walked, trying to suppress my embarrassment and return to normal so I can focus on the play, and maintaining the life I want to live.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/n: To strike the set means to take down the previous set to make way for the next production. Also I really wish I had more to add right now...