Interlude - An Extra Rehearsal

Shizuku's Perspective

One Week Later...

As I stood alone in the auditorium, I held my script in my hand, and continued to run through the one particular scene of the play, but no matter how hard I seem to try, I'm stuck and I can't completely get into the role unlike other scenes. I sighed and decided that maybe it'd be for the best if I take a break and maybe go for a walk. However, as I step off the stage, I see that Yuu had walked in.

"Hey Shizuku, I came to talk to you about something, but it looks like something is wrong." Yuu said "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm fine Prez, really." I said, trying to reassure Yuu "I'm just having some trouble with this scene. I'll just take a short break then return to focusing on my practice."

"Are you sure there isn't anything I can do to help?" Yuu asked

"Not really, I feel like part of the issue is just that part of what is making it so hard is that in this scene, the heroine expresses her love to the hero, and I end up so embarrassed and nervous that I can't really put the right emotion into it." I said

"Ah, I see. I guess even with you knowing Y/n pretty well that'd be embarrassing to say." Yuu said

As she brought up Y/n, I could feel my cheeks warm up. When I try to visualize saying my lines to Y/n, and him responding with lines expressing his love for me, my heart beats so fast and I end up even more embarrassed. W-wait...

"I... think it might be the opposite problem..." I said, embarrassed and hoping that Yuu will pick up what I mean.

"You mean- well I'm happy for you Shizuku." Yuu said "Then maybe you can try to put your actual feelings into rather than just playing the heroine."

When I finally understood what Yuu meant, I could feel myself blushing more, but I also thought that maybe that could work. While I don't know if it's as passionate, I have feelings for Y/n much like the character I play has for his character, and so maybe the best way I can do this is accept these feelings and use them to fuel my performance. How I'll tell Y/n my feelings is something I don't know yet, but hopefully I'll be able to tell Y/n soon that I'm falling in love with him.

--------------------------------------------

A/n: Like I said, just a short bonus scene that I didn't know how to work into a full chapter, but still wanted to write. Where things go from here, you'll see on Tuesday