005

"No." Just a simple two letters, but often hurts and means a lot. Sometimes it feels rather disappointing. People had often experience that it is like a thousand arrows had peirce through your heart...

That's how I'm feeling right now.

"Ho-How come?" I ask with a shakey voice. The boy Suna whom I found attractive a few weeks ago, tsked. I decided to confess my love for him today, because I thought it would be the best time to tell it to him now.

"Why would you ask that? Do you see yourself right now?" He frowned that almost my heart shattered. I didn't say any feedback, and kept my mouth shut to hear him out.

"Only a bear or a boar or a steel would marry you. Your hairs a funny color. The idea of passing that to children gives one shivers. You're so fat, I don't like fat girls to be my girlfriend. And you almost annoy me every day, I hate it. Now, go away and leave me alone." He slowly stepped back and turned around without muttering a single good bye. Leaving me here, confused and heartbroken.

I don't understand. What kind of matter do I lack for him not to like me?... Oh right, he said I'm fat. How pathetic of me not to realized it sooner. He likes thin girls, not a boring and chubby little girl like me.

I let out a ragged breath and decided to go home for today. His words got me stressed out and tired. I need a break, a snack break even.

      Flor drop the laundry basket and turn around to greet her niece. "Welcome home, sweety. How was school today? Was it fun?" She smiles gently, like a beaming ray of sunshine that can light up a whole dark room. Her smile was motherly, warm and contagious. Y/n was nervous on her upcoming answer while avoiding to destroy Flor's motherly aura.

"It was nice!" She lied under her breath, even though her little heart was still aching. She tried mustering out a smile that could absolutely fool Flor.

"Well good for you then. What do you want for dinner? I'm making anything you suggest because I'm in a good mood today." She hums a random tune and strolls down the hallway carrying the laundry basket.

Y/n watches her figure fades down the hallway before turning back to her room with a sigh. Her body feels heavy. Somehow, she doesn't want to move her body for the rest of the day. All she wanted was to lay down and get rid of this ache from the bottom of her heart.

I know it's ridiculous that she fell in love with that bozo in just a span of a week. She can't help it. He was just attractive and nice to everyone.

She know that she looks so stupid on easily falling in love with someone so randomly. Was the bullies right about what they say about her? Fat? Was that because Suna rejected her?

Then, she realized. She was lacking.

She often saw girls who wore bright and glittery clothes, with white cute cheeks and clean faces that would be considered beautiful and pretty. And she remembers that her ma and pa always says she's cute.

And cute was yet to overcome the place of beautiful.

In the end, Y/n was devastated in her thoughts.

      The next day, Monoma was mindlessly eating his lunch. When Y/n pops into his view, crying. Ah, not again...

"Neito!" Y/n dropped on her knees and sobbed on Monoma's legs. "Neito...!" Monoma rolled his eyes and caresses the weeping girl's head as a sign of comfort.

"What happened now?" He looks down at her ugly(cute) face crying.

 "..-He hu-hurt m-me!" She wipes the snot with the back of her hand that continues to flow on her nose. The blonde boy tsked and pulled out a napkin and wipe her face. "Someone hit you?" She shakes her head sideways. "No! In fact, he broke my heart! I don't like him anymore!"

An asshole rejected her again. He pats her head and guided her to sit next to him. "What did he say?" She sniffled. "He said that my hair's funny! And too fat to be his girlfriend!" She then took a piece of cracker at Monoma's lunchbox. All the crying and weeping made her stomach grumble.

"But you're too young to have a boyfriend, Y/n. Please apply that to your head for crying out loud!" He scoffed when he suddenly raised his voice. "For the several times, I'm not telling this to you again, fucking learn something." She ignored Monama's choice of words, but she can't deny that he is right.

"He's not worthy of your love– Just look at the bright side, or beside you. There is someone who could nurture and cherish you beside that thick flesh you're in." His soft eyes averted to her, immediately shutting his mouth when he sees her confused face.

"And who might that be?" You slightly tilted your head.

He purse his lips, and flick her forehead "No one! Besides, that bastard probably rejected you because of how ugly you are whenever you cry!" She angryly hit Monoma's shoulder, making him wince from the pain. "You're not helping! Hmp! I'm not going to invite you at my tea party next week!"

He could only rolled his eyes. And feed her some more crackers. "Whatever, you'll gonna invite me still, cause no one would like to be friends with you." Lies. No one would befriend you cause he was the soul reason why. He kept pushing them away, chasing them out from hurting your feelings.

Y/n's eyes became watering again. "You're such a meanie!" Hitting Monoma again. "Ouch! Stop hitting me! You thought it doesn't hurt whenever you hit me! Well let me tell you, stop it because you have heavy hands! Even scientists can't understand how your hand works."

"Shut up, meanie. You deserve it!" She crossed her arms.

"Hey Y/n!" A voice spoke from behind, causing the two to turn their head around to look at the speaker. Y/n gasped and cover her mouth. "That is one of Suna's friends! What is he doing here?!" She spoke in a small voice which Monoma heard clearly.

"Uh, who now?" He frowned, "Suna's friend!" Was her only reply before the boy stomped closer to their bench.

"I am here to tell you that, Suna wanted to talk to you! Come meet him at the field before lunch break is over!" He combs his hair back before stomping like the exact pace when he came here.

"How rude." Monoma commented while rolling his eyes. Y/n nod in agreement. "He wanted to talk to me? But he rejected me yesterday, what's with the change of heart?"

"So he was the bastard. Don't come, he'll probably humiliate you again. But with friends over." He said bluntly making her pout.

"What if it's important?" She whispered.

"Then whatever, don't come near me if you ended up blubbering again." Monoma rolled his eyes. And left for his next subject.

      "Why did you call me here?" She fidget her finger. She can't even look at him straight in the eye from the amount of nervousness she's feeling. "I'll go straight to the point." She waited for his next sentence. "I changed my mind. I want you to be my girlfriend."

She was shock! And look at him with an astonished look. She wasn't speaking so Suna assumed it in a negative way. But it didn't stop him to reason out. "I know it's weird, but if I look closely, you don't seemed ugly at all. Just cute, so that's an exemption."

Y/n was astonished to speak.

"Class is starting. I'll wait for you at the gates later." He smiled charmingly at her and left.