Are We Crazy?

Taehyung

"Hey Jimin, you aren't going to believe this, do you happen to remember back in grade school a kid named Kim Seokjin", I ask my best friend. "Why does that name sound familiar, what about him", he asks while laying on my bed reading a magazine. "I am going to marry him", I say waiting for the backlash. "WHAT", he sits up quickly, "marry, Tae you are only 21 what the hell are you thinking and why haven't I seen this guy, how long have you been dating." "Well we aren't dating, I haven't seen him over 10 years, we are marrying to save our families companies", I say. 

He stands this time, "Taehyung this isn't the old days of arranged marriages and parents getting involved in your relationships, are they forcing you." "Uh, no actually, they asked and when my mom explained why we had to do it, I was okay with it", I say knowing he wont agree. "What does he look like, he could be a dog who will never get married so they are forcing you into it", he says.

 I laugh, "I dont know what he looks like, I tried to find him on social media but couldn't, we are going to meet in a few days, he lives in the states and is moving back here." "I want to be there when you meet him so I can see how ugly he is", Jimin says dropping back on my bed. "Jimin, he may not be ugly", I say with hope in my voice. 

A few days later Jimin and I finally graduated, four years of college is behind us, now in front of me its working for my dad, marrying a complete stranger, and trying to help our families out of the hole we got ourselves in. "Jin and his family will be here day after tomorrow, Jin graduated yesterday and their movers are packing their stuff now as we speak", my mom says, "I have been talking to Jin's mom Rose since you kids agreed, she is the sweetest lady I cannot wait to meet her and we have been making wedding plans to." I chuckle to myself and wonder if I made the right decision, I have no clue what this guy looks like, if he is nice or a jerk, and if we will even get along. To say I am worried is an understatement.

Seokjin

Graduation is over, my room is packed up and I am marrying a complete stranger in just a few weeks, I think I have checked everything off my list, my phone pings and looking at the screen I see it's Namjoon telling me he landed safely. I met him at school and we became instant friends, he is going back home too so at least I will have a friend when I get there, I know my dad is happy we are finally coming back, he wont have to fly so much to see us. Daisy and I are heading to a hotel for tonight then we fly out tomorrow, then the day after I will meet my husband to be.

"So what do you think he looks like", Namjoon asks over the phone. "I dont know, I couldn't find him on social media, so my first time seeing him will be the first time I meet him", I say laying on the hotel bed waiting for my mom to bring dinner back. After hanging up with Namjoon my mom walks in with food, I grab the bags from her and place everything on the table, "I have been talking to Taehyung's mom Lin for a week or two now, she is very excited to meet you and we have been making wedding plans also." 

My mothers smile is so big, I dont know if she is more excited about the wedding or going back home to dad after being apart for so long, I am lucky that my parents genuinely love each other, they have been amazing role models to me when it comes to love and romance, my father is very romantic so hopefully I can follow in his footsteps when I find my true love. I am stuffed after dinner so I take a shower and get ready for bed, we have a long flight ahead of us and a busy few days when we get back. 

I lay in bed and wonder what Taehyung might look like, I honestly dont remember him from school so I have no frame of reference what so ever, I just hope he isn't a jerk or abusive like you read in those stories about arranged marriages. Ill be sad if he has a significant other, Ill feel bad for butting into their life and the thought that he will have someone other than me kind of bothers me, what the heck is wrong with me, I dont even know this guy and I'm jealous.