Nightmares and Amralime

"Perhaps my cousin, Dáin is right." Said Thorin turning away from Bilbo. "A King such as myself should have a queen, a dwarf, by my side. Not some Halfling."

"T-Thorin..please..." Bilbo starts his voice cracking in a weak attempt to stop the crying. Yet, the Dwarven King was soon out of sight. Now, in his place, were Fíli and Kíli. He almost smiled before noticing the sneers faced his way.

"I can't believe we almost chose you, over our Uncle." Fíli spats before walking away.

"Yeah. A worthless Halfling." Kíli says as he follows his brother.

Bilbo chokes slightly on a sob which is desperate to come out. He saw Dori and Nori keeping Ori away from him.

"He's no good Ori." Nori says through gritted teeth. "Even I can agree with Dori on this one."

"Exactly." Dori adds snobbishly. "Don't pay the thing any mind."

Bilbo prayed and prayed that Ori didn't turn away from him. He slowly watched in horror as Ori's face blanks before turning away with a quick and mumbled, "ok."

Bilbo finally fell to his knees. He was feeling so utterly alone. One by one the Dwarves he saw as family and friends abandoned him. Calling him that awful word: Halfling. Saying he was no good. Or merely a thing. He wanted this to end.

"Bilbo?.."

He looked around as he heard Thorin calling out his name in a worried tone. He sighed realizing it was only darkness. He almost put his head down once more before,

"Bilbo!"

There it was again! Where though? Where was Thorin? Did he still love him? Was he truly still wanted?

Bilbo Baggins shot up with his chest heaving up and down in a quick pace. His hands shakily went to his face. He could feel, and smell, the salty tears that streamed like a river. It was just a nightmare. He was okay.

He felt as strong arms pulled him into a lap. Thorin, no doubt, since they shared a bed. It took a few more minutes before Bilbo sat up in Thorin's lap. He saw icy blue eyes searching his face worriedly.

"What is wrong, Love?" Thorin asks kindly. A big contrast from the voice which sounded like venom to Bilbo's ears in the nightmare.

"I.." he looks at his lap sadly. "I heard Lord Dáin, the other day, telling you that you need a Queen, a fellow Dwarf, not some..." he feels that thickness in his throat. "H-Halfling. I..I had a nightmare just now... you, said you agree with him. Even called me that horrid word and left. Fíli and Kíli did so as well, with Kíli calling me worthless. Dori and Nori took Ori away. Saying I was no good. And...it all just hurt so much."

Thorin listened sadly at his lovely Hobbits confession. He knew Bilbo struggled sometimes, thinking he didn't truly belong. Brushing his hand softly against his cheeks he tried to take away all the tears.

"Bilbo. I would never do such a thing. I love you and only you. It was you who stood by my side when I was at my lowest. It was you who reminded me why I continued to fight for my home. It was you who truly brought me out of the sickness. No dwarven lass would be able to do so.

"Fíli and Kíli absolutely love you Bilbo. You are their kind Uncle who will give in when their strict one does not. You are the Uncle who handles them kindly. You are the Uncle who helps them realize why their strict Uncle might say no."

Thorin watched as Bilbo smiled slightly.

"Dori and Nori love you too much to say such things. Did you know the moment they found out of us they took on the big brother roles and threatened me? Nori specifically mentioned he cared not that I was his King. You were his brother first. Ori would never let Dori and Nori take you from him. He might be the youngest but he has the best parts of both of his brothers. Including the stubbornness of both.