Anger and Proposal

"How can you condone this!" Dáin said angrily as he let his hand point towards Bilbo and Thorin.

Thorin, Bilbo, Dís, Dáin, and those in the company, were in Balin's office. Fíli and Kíli stood protectively near their Amad. Balin sat in his chair. Dwalin was sat in a chair with Ori in his lap. Dori and Nori stood near Bilbo and Thorin protectively. Bombur, Bifur, and Bofur stood at the door. Balin and Óin sat on either side of Dís. Finally Glóin stood near Dáin in a fight-ready stance.

"My brother is in love." Dís said simply. "For years I feared I would not see the look in my brother's eyes that we saw our Amad and Adad give each other. That we saw in your Amad and Adad. That I had with Fíli and Kíli's Adad. Yet, with this Hobbit, he gained that special look in his eyes."

"It is a Halfling!"

"His name is Bilbo and he is right here." Bilbo finally shouts tired of their arguing. He glares at Lord Dáin. "My name is Bilbo Baggins. I have helped Thorin regain his home and his mountain. I love him. I love his icy blue eyes that don't look cold when filled with love. I love his smile when he thinks I am not looking. I love his heart which is filled with love and care for his Khahay. I see how hard he works for the Dwarves under his car as a King. So, I care not who you are nor what you believe. Thorin is the love of my life. He loves me! So think what you will, I am not leaving."

Dáin's eyes widened at the proclamation. Never had he seen such a race known to be so docile act so, angry. He had lived around Halflings before and none of them acted as this one did. He glared drawing his sword. Only to receive a sword from Dís, an axe each from Dwalin and Thorin, an arrow notched and ready from Kílí, and a sword from Fílí.

Bilbo sighed as he hugged Thorin. Till the end of his days Dáin, disowned child of the house of Durin, would never know how the Hobbit stopped his death. However he would, as mentioned, be struck from the house of Durin for his actions.

Bilbo looked at Thorin with blazing anger as he helped the female Elf known as Tauriel stand. Her pale cheek already glinted with red. He watched helplessly as nephew and Uncle fought over the nephew falling in love with an elf.

"So you and Master Baggins may be together but I may not be with Tauriel!?" Kílí asked sending a metaphorical dagger through Bilbo's heart.

"Kílí!" Tauriel exclaims with Thorin. "I thought you loved Bilbo as an Uncle?"

"I do! However, if I cannot be with you then Uncle shouldn't be with Master Baggins!"

Bilbo teared up slightly. "I am sorry for causing trouble." He says smiling mournfully as he bows ever so slightly to both Thorin and Kílí. "I will be in the Nursery with Frodo if I am needed."

The group watched helplessly as Bilbo walked away. Two sets of eyes landed harshly on the young Dwarf who had a neutral expression on his face.

"Bilbo has done nothing to do with your anger. I will not come back until you have properly made up with your Uncle Bilbo." Tauriel states before bowing to Thorin. "I apologize for the mess caused by my presence. I do hope to be with Kílí whom I love with all of my heart. He is, in the words of Dwarves: 'my treasure of treasures'"

Thorin stood stunned before shaking his head. Turning to his Nephew he found he couldn't properly express his disappointment in him.

"I care not how hurt or upset with me you are. You should never turn it on your Uncle Bilbo. He has yet to do anything to you other than treat you with love, care, and kindness." Thorin sighs. "I worried she would hurt you. My brother, your other Uncle, fell for an Elf once. The elf in question broke his heart beyond repair. I must check on Bilbo. Just...you know how much he worries of how much worth he does or doesn't have..."

When Bilbo was found within the confines of the Nursery built for young Frodo he was watching the babe sleep soundly but with quiet tears streaming down. His voice was barely above a whisper as his spoke.

"Maybe I should leave. I keep messing things up for Thorin. I-I know how much Kílí means to him no matter how upset or angry he may be, he will always love those boys. I know he loves me as well but...perhaps it's for the best I go. I seem to keep tearing his family apart and I cannot accept that for him."

"Don't leave." Thorin says in a hurry having heard enough. He kneels before Bilbo taking the Hobbit's hand in his gently, yet firmly. "Kílí was just spewing words in anger. Give him time to calm himself."

"It hurt Thorin. It..." he sighs shaking his head. "It's fine. He is right, however. It's unfair that we get to be together but he cannot be with Tauriel because she is an elf?"

"That's not why I said no." Thorin states softly. "I said no because I do not know her well enough. How am I or Dís supposed to say yes without know her? I only wish the best for my nephew. If he loves the elf, well, as long as she is good for him, I could not care less."

"What made you change your mind?"

"You. If not for you I would still be cold hearted. If not for you I would likely be under dragon sickness. Instead I have my family and friends close by, and I get to grow a family with the Hobbit I fell in love with."

Bilbo watched as Thorin went down on a knee. He pulled out a silver ring decorated with emeralds. "Bilbo Baggins I mistreated you before. I underestimated you and learned my lesson on such. You taught me humility and how to see the good in all races, not just my own. So, Bilbo Baggins, would do I, Thorin Oakenshield, of bonding with me in marriage?"

Bilbo nodded quickly before tackling Thorin in a hug quietly. "Yes!"