Epilogue

Hindi ko na tanda kung anong taon o araw kaming nagkakilala but the day I saw her with my best friend, I felt the warmth. The warmth I never notice because I'm head-over-heels with my supposedly brother. Since then, I do my best to be friended with her.

    Like Yreneah and Catalina, naging sandalan ko siya. Sa lungkot, sakit at saya pati sa paglakwatsa. Napagkamalan pa kaming couple that I despise so much (pinagsisishan ko 'yun).

     She's the bestest friend I've ever had. I couldn't be more careful kasi anytime, she always give my shoulders to me and always said that I'm important to her. There's also something in her eyes na hindi ko ma-gets that I finally now know.

    Maganda rin siya. Wavy black hair, a bit doe eyes and a kissable pink lips.  She's perfect in my sight na akala ko dati 'yung adoration na na-feel ko 'di ko man lang pinansin.

     Then it happened. The night where it all happen. Me waking up, with my ex furious, both of us naked. I want to hate her, push her but I can't. All I need is to be by her arms.

    Then the wedding. I should've think of running away pero mas excited pa ata ako. 'Di ko rin naisip tumakbo. Siya naman kasi 'yon. Si Cyrille 'yon.

       And staying inside the secret room of our house is hell. Gusto ko tumakbo palabas, yakapin siya pero nakakatakot at baka 'pag nahawakan ko siya, lalo lang siyang mawala.

     But who knows? That I'd fell Inlove with her? All I know at first that I'm comfortable with her but suddenly I don't want her out of my life. Well, she wasn't. She's part of my life but suddenly I'd been wanting her to be a big part of my life. Cringe? Yes it is. But that's how love works all the time.

      I open the door of our house. Sa sobrang dilim, inakala baka nasa ibang bahay ako but a child's cry confirms na nasa tamang bahay ako.

     I take my shoes and socks off before proceeding to kitchen. With the all utensils unmove and no smell of cooking, hindi pa siya kumakain. I cook a simple dish and ate when I heard her say, "Please, baby matulog ka na. Baka walang makitang pagkain ang daddy mo pagdating." I scoop foods in my mouth without chewing well and prepare her food.

      "Wife? Open the door," I said and when the door open, her stressed beautiful face greeted me. In her arms, our baby sleeping there. I leans and give her a kiss. "Akin na. Go fill your belly." I smiled and take our baby from her arm.

      With the baby slept well in her crib, I make my way down to the kitchen. Naglilinis na siya ng maabutan ko. "Ako na. Matulog ka na sa taas okay? You look tired already." She didn't protest and hear her footsteps disappear

      I finish up then went upstairs.

      She looks beautiful even with the messy hair. I took some strand behind her hair and tucked in. Dinampian ko ng halik ang kaniyang noo. Unti-unting umangat ang maganda niyang mata na nakapagpangiti sa akin.

     "Hi," bulong niya.
     "Hey pretty,"
     "Mukha na nga 'kong haggard tapos pretty pa?" Anito na nakangiwi pero namumula ang pisngi. I pinched the tips of her nose and stare at her eyes. "I love you."

     "Corny mo. I love you too," nagkatitigan lang kami uli bago tumawa.

     I hug her and realized how she perfectly fits in my arm. Even our lips as it slowly touches each other. I love her lips feel on mine. I hope she does too.

   Tinignan namin ang mata ng isa't-isa. I was about to lift her shirt when baby's cry filled the room. Habang hinehele ang bata, I whip my head over the bed. Naks, sleeping beauty.

    Both the corner of my lips lifts into a smile. A smile to see the beautiful sight of my wife, peacefully sleeping. Tracing every feature of her face, I then bend over and kisses her forehead.

    "Good night, wifey."

    Being in love to a girl isn't bad at all. In fact, its one of my best decision that I did. And the greatest thing that happen in my life?

        I'm hers and she's mine.