Chapter Five

Albedo and Kaeya began having some kind of routine, seeing each other everyday in class (sometimes Albedo ate with Kaeya's friends, even if he wasn't always comfortable), and Kaeya walking his friend home after taking Klee at school. Sadly, Kaeya always had some homework to do, so he couldn't stay at their house.

But today, around one week after they decided to become friends, Kaeya didn't have any homework. As usual, he said bye to Childe, always chatting with Mr Zhongli, and joined Albedo, who was waiting for him outside the classroom.

"- Hey Kaeya, you know Klee keeps requesting you to stay at home when you accompany us...

- Well what a coincidence, little Blondie, I don't have any homework to do today !"

Albedo blushed at the idiotic nickname. He kept requesting his friend to stop calling him that, but Kaeya never wanted to, and Albedo was too flustered to recognize the fact that he was beginning to appreciate this nickname, as Kaeya was the only one to call him that, as if they had something unique going on between them.

He brushed these thoughts off and displayed a happy face at his friend's answer.

"- That's nice ! Klee will be very happy !

- And you won't ?"

Kaeya put himself in front of the blonde as he stopped walking and looked at him in the eyes. He couldn't resist to the beautiful teal color of his pupils, and felt like he would never be annoyed admiring them. 

Even if both agreed to be friends and only friends (for now ;)), Kaeya still often teased the blonde, enjoying his flustered face and his shy behavior when it happened. Right now, he was staring at Albedo, wearing a smirk on his face, and consciously shifting his gaze between the blonde's eyes, looking down at his body and ending with his pink lips, half-opened with the surprise.

Due to the sudden closeness between them and conscious of Kaeya's teasing, Albedo's face flushed and he got back, unable to maintain eye contact for too long. He found the elder's eyes so beautiful that he felt like he didn't deserve to be the only one able to look at them that closely.

"- Of- of course I'm really happy too..." Albedo mumbled, hoping the blue-haired wouldn't hear it, and turning his face so that Kaeya couldn't see him blushing.

Unfortunately for him, Kaeya had really good hearing, and showed a satisfied face as he got back too, keeping going as if nothing happened.

"- Glad to hear that, I'll do anything if it makes you happy !

- Stop blurting out lies like that, please, it embarrasses me...

- Just saying the truth, you know ?"

Both males carried on their bickering until they reached Klee's school, where the young girl jumped in both of their arms, and almost exploding with joy when she learned Kaeya would stay a little bit today.

"- Yaaay ! Do you wanna watch my anime with me ? It's good I swear ! And we could draw together too, and read some books, and-

- Calm down, Klee. How about he helps you with your homework too ?

- Well, that's less funny, but I'm sure it will still be with Big Bro Kaeya !"

They walked together, chatting happily until they reached the siblings' house.

Kaeya carefully entered in the pretty big house, which had at least 4 floors and a big garden. There was no sign of anyone already in the house, so Kaeya asked :

"- Hum, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but where are your parents, since they aren't at home right now ?

- Oh... You are right, they, uh, aren't around lately... Sorry, I-