Chapter Twelve

Hi ! So you can consider this chapter as a bonus chapter since it is only focused on Chili/Zhonchi, so if you don't like this ship, please skip this chapter ! But it would make me really happy if you read it, it has 2500+ words and I'm pretty proud of it !
Enjoy <3

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Childe woke up the next day, pretty early compared to usual, since he got off his bed at only the third alarm on his phone instead of the ten he needed usually.

He went happily to the kitchen to have his breakfast. There, he met Diluc, who was very surprised to see him up so early.

"- Um, do you have something important today ? And why do you look so happy ?

- Well, yeah, I have something very important ! And I'm so excited for it, I can't help but smile !"

Diluc gave his friend a disgusted gaze at his overflowing happiness and decided to not ask more. He changed the subject.

"- I made tea. Do you want some ?

- Sure, thank you !"

The breakfast passed silently as Diluc wasn't talkative at all, and he already felt annoyed at Childe's cheerful behaviour. The only other time he spoke was when he remembered something.

"- Oh, that's right, Ayato invited us to go to the beach today. Are you coming ?

- Well, the 'something important' I have today is way too important for me to miss it ! So sorry, but enjoy ! Are you going with Jean too ?"

Diluc blushed a little at the mention of his junior's name.

"-... Yes I am.

- Hehe, enjoy this time with your girlfriend then !

-S-she's not my- "

Childe didn't let him finish as he got up and left the kitchen, a dumb smile still on his face.

"- I'm going to take a shower !" he said in a singsong voice as be disappeared in another room.

The ginger prepared very neatly and dressed with as much care.

He eventually left the flat, wishing Diluc a nice date with Jean and slamming the door since he had a little too much energy as a red Diluc was protesting.

As he got outside, he felt the warmth of the sun on his face and smiled, happier than ever.

The ginger boy went to the park he had a date some days earlier with Zhongli and waited for him here.

"- Good morning. I am sorry to be quite late."

Childe turned around in the direction of the deep voice he just heard, and his dead eyes began sparkling.

In front of him was an even more good-looking Zhongli than ever, only dressed with a white shirt, a tie and dark pants but he looked like he was shining to Childe's eyes. The ginger couldn't take his eyes off him as he looked longingly at the older man from head to foot.

"-... Are you okay, Ajax ? You've been silent for quite a long time. Do I have something on my face ?"

Childe got a grip on himself as he realized he was almost drooling and got back since Zhongli came a little closer. His face was red.

"- I'm- I'm okay, don't worry ! And please, don't call me that in public !

- Oh ? Alright, I will only do so when we are alone.

- A-alone ?

- Hmm ? What's wrong, Aj- um, Childe ?"

The ginger boy turned around to hide his blushing face from Zhongli.