The Slip-up | Andrew Garfield

✍ Summary: Let's face it, even celebrities have celebrity crushes. But what if you had accidentally let slip your little crush on Andrew Garfield in an interview? | 2.6k

Love knows no bounds and even celebrities have celebrity crushes.

And to say that you simply adored and admired Andrew Garfield would be the understatement of the century.

You were literally one of his biggest fans.

And after a quiet Monday morning, one of your biggest dreams had come true.

"Good morning, I am speaking to Y/N L/N, right?" A voice said as soon as you picked up the call.

"Yep." You answered nonchalantly, stirring your coffee, you hadn't auditioned for anything so far so you didn't know what this call was for, "This is she."

"So, I'm Lin-Manuel Miranda." The voice introduced, "Since you're this amazing actress and singer-songwriter and you were highly recommended by one of our cast members - I was wondering if you'd be interested in starring in a romance musical?"

You nearly spewed out your coffee, not believing in the slightest that the director of Tick, Tick... Boom! was casting you, "That would literally be a dream come true! Thank you so much for this opportunity! And is it okay if I also get to know who highly recommended me so that I could thank them too?"

"Um," Lin trailed off for a bit, as if talking to someone else on the other end of the line, "for now, the person wishes to remain anonymous - but, I'm sure you'll get to know them really well once we start the shooting."

"Okay then," you smiled, "Thank you, again, so much for this wonderful opportunity and I can't wait to start."

The next day, your manager delivered the script to your house and you swear that you could've fainted once you took a look at the cast list.

Immediately picking up your phone and ringing up your manager, you asked, "Please reassure me that you didn't by any chance give me the wrong script."

You could practically hear her smile as she answered, "Now when I have done that to you? I'm guessing that you're over the moon with who your co-star, or rather leading man, is?"

You couldn't stop the heat that rose up to grace your cheeks, "Maybe?"

She chuckled, "C'mon, like you don't gush on about him all the time, especially when we're alone."

"Fine." You giggled, "This is literally the best day of my life."

A beat of silence followed before you spoke up, "You anticipated this call didn't you?"

Another laugh came, "Let's just say that I had an inkling as to how you would react."

"Oh and remember that you have to head to the recording studio later today to record your new single." She reminded.

"Yep. I don't have anything else today, so I won't forget that." You said.

"How're you feeling?" Your makeup artist asked as she put the finishing touches on your look for your interview.

You shrugged, taking a deep breath, "Well, it's always nerve wracking before a show or an interview, you just kind of forget it once you're already doing it."

You were then brought backstage, where you waited for your cue to enter the studio.

"Now let us welcome an amazing actress and singer-songwriter, Y/N L/N!" Jimmy announced to the already buzzing crowd.

You smiled as you walked onstage.

"Nice to be back, Jimmy!" You smiled as you gave the host a hug and took a seat.