The Future Lies in a Dream | (TASM) Peter Parker

Summary: Peter first learns about your death in a dream. But when Harry Osborn escapes from prison, its no coincidence.

Warnings: mentions of Gwen, mentions of breaking up, a near death experience

The air was running cold, and so was his blood.

Peter could practically see the fear in your eyes as you dangled at the edge of the bridge. His ex best friend and now enemy, Harry Osborn, merely holding you by the collar of your shirt.

The sun was setting into the horizon, a perfect view to end a picnic date. But Peter left you for a moment to go to the bathroom and he got back to his spidey senses tingling like crazy and you gone as Harry's sinister laughter broke through the air.

This wasn't deja vu. History was literally repeating itself.

Peter tried, he begged Harry to let you go, because it was him he wanted. Not you.

Harry just laughed, muttering something about Gwen.

Then, with a taunting goodbye, he dropped his hold on you. A scream leaving your lips as gravity pulled you towards a 30 feet drop down to asphalt.

Peter dove to catch up with you, he couldn't let it happen again, reaching a hand out he shot a web.

The air pushed your hair a bit to surround you like a halo as you could only hope for the best.

Just when the web was about to stick to the ground beneath you, creating a sort of net in order to cushion your fall, something hard collided into Peter's side - carrying far away from you as the fear grew in your eyes.

Harry chuckled from above his hoverboard, "You really think I would let you succeed Peter?"

Peter sat up in his bed, a scream leaving his lips as he started breathing heavily and cold sweat coated him from head to toe.

"Peter?" You rushed into the room upon hearing your boyfriend's scream, "Are you okay?"

He stared at you, not being able to respond. The fear in your eyes seemed so real, the whole ordeal seemed so real.

"Peter?" Your voice rang through his mind again, pulling his attention to your worried look, "What happened?"

He shook his head, giving a small shrug, "Just a bad dream."

The worry lines on your forehead depend as you rubbed his arm gently, "Do you want anything? Chocolate? Water?"

Peter gave a small smile, silently trying to reassure you as he shook his head, "A cuddle would be nice."

You rolled your eyes at him despite the smile that was clear on your lips as you scooted closer to him, "Come here you big baby."

Sitting in between Peter's legs, he wrapped his arms around you and pressed a kiss to the top of your head.

"You know I love you, right?" He suddenly said.

"Course I do." You looked up at him, smiling as you turned to face him, pecking a kiss to his nose, "And I love you too."

Peter pressed his forehead to you, jutting his bottom lip out in a small pout, "Why weren't you in bed when I woke up?"

"Why? Am I not allowed to go to the bathroom?" You laughed.

Peter pouted even further as he huffed, "You didn't come from the bathroom. We literally have a bathroom right in this room, you came from the living room."

You laughed even harder, "Fine, you caught me. I was in the living room."

"And what were you doing in the living room?"