The Way Our Horizons Meet | (TASM) Peter Parker

Warnings: cancer (this is a The Fault in our Stars au, so it's a given), death, spoilers for TFIOS

A/N: This is officially the longest fic I've ever written in my life. I tried my best to follow the original timeline - I altered some scenes as well as adding in some new ones. And yes, I did copy both eulogies from the book so don't come at me for that.

Love often comes when you least expect it but need it the most.

Having cancer was hard enough in itself especially when the expression "life is short" could quite literally apply to you.

You were currently sitting in your mom's car while she drove you to the support group you had always hated attending.

"You don't have to wait in the parking lot you know," You said as the car turned a corner, "you'll have nothing to do and it's hot."

Your mum shrugged, peering at you through the dashboard mirror, "I can read a book, but I think I'll stay at the mall a block away then I'll come pick you up afterwards."

"Okay." You said, fiddling with the wire of the oxygen tank as she pulled up to the entrance.

"Do you need help with that?" She asked.

You shook your head, giving her a small smile as you got out of the car, "No thanks, I'm fine."

"Sure honey," Your mom answered, "just text me if you want anything from the mall."

You nodded in confirmation before you headed past the church and took the stairs down to the basement where the meetings were held, as they called it, "right in the center of Jesus' heart".

There was an elevator, but you were fine with the stairs, because in the support group - taking the elevator meant you were close to the finish line.

"Hey!" Your best friend from the support group, Harry, greeted you with a smile, eyes gleaming behind the shades he wore, "How're your lungs holding up?"

You laughed, tapping your oxygen tank, "So, far pretty well. How about you? How're you and Monica?"

"As usual, we still love each other till the end of forever." Harry smiled to which you rolled your eyes at his remark.

"Hey!" He protested, making a face at you.

"It's cheesy." You deadpanned.

"It's not cheesy. It's love." Harry said, "And you won't understand that since you haven't been in love yet."

"Oh, ha ha. Very funny." You said sarcastically.

Harry stuck his tongue out at you, "Whatever. But don't go gushing to me when you're finally in love. Anyway, stay put, I'm going to get some cookies."

"You're the reason why I even tolerate being here!" You called out, causing him to laugh.

Scrolling on your phone to pass the time until the session started, you looked up only for your eyes to meet the honey-colored one of a boy around your age who seemed to be staring at you intently.

The staring wasn't anything in a creepy way, neither did it make it seem like the boy had ulterior motives. It was like he was vaguely interested in you, like he had seen you before but couldn't quite recall where or how.

You looked back down at your phone, you just had to hope that the heat you felt on your cheeks was being reflected on your face for the boy to see.

A couple of minutes later, the session group started. With Henry, basically the mastermind behind the support group, leading the opening prayer and the supposedly inspirational talk of how he's still alive despite his balls being taken by cancer which started the routine of you and Harry communicating via exasperated sighs.