ONE

Feel it, highlight, over the stillness that has begun Finally I wake you up Beyond the dark night, controlLook straight at me slow, focus down

Finally I wake you up
Beyond the dark night, control
Look straight at me slow, focus down

Feel it, highlight, over the stillness that has begun Finally I wake you up Beyond the dark night, controlLook straight at me slow, focus down

The sound of light tapping courses throughout my ears. "Pad, pad, pad" That's the only thing I can pick up.

Is it coming towards me? I can't quite grasp what it is.

I can feel my ears pulsating.

'Pad, pad, pad' it sounds again, but more frantic.

Footsteps? They're definitely footsteps.
I can hear them everywhere.

And what is that?

Sirens? Why can I hear sirens?

The wind is whirring increasingly loud, and the grass feels like it has been planted into my auditory canal, growing and spreading throughout the entirety of my ear. Reaching my brain and scraping against every crook in the most discomforting way ever.

Open your eyes.

My head is thumping furiously.
It feels as though I've been caught in a storm on the ocean, in the middle of nowhere.

No escape.

Nobody to turn to.

I have to suffer the crashing of the waves- which seem to be unnecessarily harsh- as I am jolted in each direction by a force so powerful, it is impossible to fight against.
I have to endure the pain that the roar of thunder and lighting brings to me, as it encapsulates my vulnerable body and penetrates my hearing.

Not literally, perhaps, but the sensation in my brain makes me wonder if that is what's actually happening to me right now.

Everything is so loud.

Open your eyes.

There are definitely people. I can hear crying- no- weeping, perhaps you could even say bawling.

Why are people so upset?

Why won't the noises stop?

Most importantly, why can't I move my body?...