THREE

Pacify herShe's getting on my nerves You don't love herStop lying with those words

Pacify her
She's getting on my nerves
You don't love her
Stop lying with those words

Pacify herShe's getting on my nerves You don't love herStop lying with those words

Jun-Woong and I were waiting for Mr. Lim and Ms. Koo inside Jumadeung.

After that whole ordeal with the motor bike, Mr. Lim had started ranting to her about using her powers in public resulting in them to take us back to Jumadeung and leaving the pair of us to fend for ourselves as they paced around the place frantically. Well, when I say they were pacing frantically I mean Mr. Lim. Koo-ryeon was merely just walking with him to keep him happy.

"Do you think the director will give us powers like that? That would be so cool. I'd be a literal superhero." Jun-woong asks me enthusiastically letting out a 'pshew' sound, pumping one fist into the air whereas the other was on his waist.

I let out a hearty chuckle and logically replied "I don't know, probably, eventually. Maybe in the future though, I assume she's not just going to give us such a big responsibility in such little time working here. Besides, you're not even fully dead yet." He nods in agreement, his smile now faded, and we see the previous pair walking towards us.

Jun-Woong runs towards them as I trailed behind slowly "no way. A grim reaper that saves lives?" He held onto Mr. Lim, only to get shoved off harshly. He turned to look at me and pulled a face, as if to say 'did you see that? Do something.'

I smirked at him and rolled my eyes, then walked beside him and linked my right arm into his. Mr. Lim glanced at us, then at our arms, then back to me, and I could feel my cheeks heat up the slightest bit. However, he then turned away as Ms. Koo spoke up.

"We don't save people who are already dead. We save those who are about to give up on their lives. That's our job at the risk management team."

"And it's the red light that tells us who's attempting suicide." He got out his phone and showed us the red light app. Displayed on the screen was the same woman that was almost hit by the motorbike before.

"She looks fine. Happy, even." Jun-woong said stupidly.

"Jesus Christ Jun-woong. Just because she looks happy in a photo doesn't mean she actually is. I mean, when I was alive I used to smile all the time, but that doesn't mean I was actually okay." I replied harshly, and nonchalantly, before realising "shit, am I allowed to say Jesus Christ here? Shit am I allowed to say shit? Oh my gosh." I stumbled over my words with wide eyes, slapping my left hand over my mouth.

"Exactly, and not everyone is as simple as you are." Ms. Koo agreed to my previous statement and ignored my whole swearing ordeal.

Jun-woong scoffed "Did you just call me simple? I have a very complicated mindset and thoughts...I'm like that..." he trailed off as a small group of girls walked past.

All three of us but Ms. Koo stared at the girls as she rolled her eyes and walked off.

"I didn't look! I really didn't!" He defended.

"Right you definitely didn't... but I definitely did." I stood there staring at the girls in awe.

I turned around when Jun-woong threw an arm around my shoulder and we nodded at eachother excitedly. Our gaze was then placed on Mr. Lim as he stood there
slack-jawed, his glasses were pulled away from his eyes and instead rested on his nose as he held them with one hand.

Jun-woong took his arm off my shoulders and wiggled his fingers back and forth from him, Lim, and I, with a cheeky grin on his face. Mr. Lim only replied by pushing his glasses back on his face and nodding his head upwards. "Focus on your work."

Jun-woong pointed in the previous direction the girls were in "work?" Mr. Lim hummed, and followed after Ms. Koo. Jun-woong imitated the sound. "What? Oh really."

I hurried forward as he ranted to the man, whom payed no interest.

As he continued talking, I spoke up "that's funny, telling him to focus on his work, you know? Because I could've sworn you were drooling over those girls-"

"Who do you think you're talking to newbie" he cut me off. "You focus on your work too. I don't know what intentions you had in mind, but you were staring at them too"

"Someone's defensive." I sang teasingly whilst giggling "also, yeah I was, and I have no shame."

"Yeah, so maybe you should mind your own business and sort yourself out before being snarky with me."

"Snarky? Oh I'll show you snarky bi-"

"Miss. Jin!" Ms. Koo interrupted. "Watch your mouth, especially since you're still new. You don't want people getting the wrong idea. Mr. Lim, stop provoking her. The pair of you need to grow up and be sensible, I better not catch you two arguing again."

The pair of us rolled our eyes and muttered words of agreement, even though we did not agree at all. Who does she think she is talking to me like that? There's no way I'm letting her control my afterlife like this.

I crossed my arms over my chest and went to stand next to Jun-woong instead. He snickered, but then remembered he was ranting to Mr. Lim and continued his speech, backing me up in the process.

"You were focusing on something else just then, right?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh my gosh, just admit you're a horny bastard." I rolled my eyes, Jun-woong let out an obnoxiously loud laugh at this and Mr. Lim quietened down really quickly, with his mouth agape and eyebrows furrowed. "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." I stared into his eyes, put two fingers under his chin, pushed it back up and smirked.

I strut forward and walked next to Koo-Ryeon, whilst Jun-woong fangirled over some dude and Mr. Lim judged him, still recovering from what I did.

"Hey your hair is like, super pretty." I complimented her, but she only looked at me and ignored my statement. "Jesus Christ you don't have to be such a bitch all the time, you know that right? It was a compliment, at least say thank you even if you don't agree or whatever."

"Hey. We aren't friends, okay? I don't know you and you don't know me, you're merely just my coworker and employee for the time being. Let's not pretend to get along, and keep it that way, alright?"

"Fucking hell. You really were a devil once weren't you? I can tell." I retort back half-heartedly.

She looks at me confused "a devil? are you suggesting I used to be a devil?"

"Well, yeah. That's what people in hell are, aren't they?"

She shook her head softly and I could see a small smile play on her lips "no sweetheart, I guess most would say I'm just a sinner."

"Wow, just a minute ago you were telling me not to be friendly with you, and now you're calling me sweetheart? I must be a charmer." I shone a cheeky smile "and you must be into that enemies to lovers trope" I wiggled my eyebrows up and down.

She stared at me dumbfounded, pushing her tongue against her cheek with an eye roll "Don't push it."

Once again, the lady walked forward with fire, and I stood there laughing at the conversation.

Maybe I could get used to her.