Putting the Plan into Action

Amelia looked up from her appetizer realizing why Frederick didn't want to marry this snobbish pig. She thought that he would be better off with someone like herself. She knew that he would need someone to make him laugh his wonderful deep chested laugh when he became the new king. This princess had no sense of humor at all. When she looked up again she saw Rebekah bringing in the next course and she had a mischievous grin pulling at the edges of her mouth. She quickly hid it when the princess could see her. She brought forward the soup and purposefully tripped over the leg of the table flinging soup all over the princess. Princess Katherine started shrieking and to servants came in holding towels and trying not to smile. They carefully dabbed the princess' dress trying to remove the soup. She almost started crying but was able to stop herself. She sat back down and tried to smile at Amelia. Amelia smiled back.

They sat in silence for a few minutes and finished their soup. Then the next course came in. It was a select cut of meat that had been marinated in a lemon sauce. The servants who brought out this dish were suppressing smirks as well. They walked up and the one serving Princess Katherine took a spill and the meat landed right in her lap. She shrieked again and sprang from her chair. The towel servants returned and tried to dab her again, but she burst out crying.

"I can't marry you!" she blubbered through her tears, "Your servants are too clumsy and I can't stand clumsy servants! I am sorry but you will have to find some other way to unite our kingdoms!" and with that she stormed out. 

The dinning room dissolved into laughter. Amelia had a hard time trying to imitate Frederick's laugh. She tried to laugh down in her chest but her mirth bubbled through in high giggles every now and then. She thought about how ridiculous she must sound and for the second time that night she was wishing she could here Frederick's real laugh again.