Chapter 10

It's been a few years since the twins were born, and Ahsoka and I have loved every moment of it. It took a while for the other masters to come around on the children but once everything had been explained they somewhat understood. Yeah Master Mundi still despises us having kids and actually raising them like good parents.

I walked into mine and Ahsoka's quarters to find her laying on the bed. Clearly exhausted. "Hey, you alright?" I asked before kissing her forehead "could be worse, where were you? you weren't in bed when I woke up this morning," Ahsoka replied "our son was causing havoc near the senate building, and by that I mean- actually you know what he's like, you can imagine what he was doing," I explained "harassing clones?" I nodded as I sat next to her. "Daddy!" I looked to the door to see our daughter, Ashla, running in "what is it Honey?" I asked "Bogan! He's being a kriffing fodderhead!" She exclaimed "language young lady, I'll give him a talking to. Where did you learn such words?" I asked with a frown "Uncle Ani and Uncle Kenobi, why?" Ashla asked as I walked over and lifted her up "they're not very nice words, when did they teach you them?" I replied "the other day, Uncle Ani said they're words you say when someone or something is being annoying, " she explained "would you mind staying here with Mommy for a bit? She's tired," I asked "okay!" Ashla exclaimed, I put her down next to Ahsoka and the pair started cuddling.

I walked to Anakin's quarters and entered to find Obi-wan here too. "Good, you're both here," I said getting their attention "you need to knock," Anakin commented "I'll knock when the two of you stop teaching my daughter swear words," I replied, I could sense their unease, "sorry, we thought it would be funny," Anakin said despite knowing exactly how protective I tend to be of my family "really?" I growled and they both nodded. I sighed and left.

As I walked I heard a few snickers, and I instantly reconsidered it as Bogan. I decided to keep walking as I knew he wouldn't be able to resist trying to follow me. As I walked for another minute I could tell he was snickering, I quickly turned and crossed my arms. He knew he'd been caught and burst out laughing, "oh so it's funny huh?" I asked "yeah!" he giggled. I shook my head and lifted the giggling four year old up over my shoulders. "Padawan, I see you found your son," I turned to see Master Unduli "yes Master, is something wrong?" I asked "yes, the way you've been acting it's... improper," she replied, I put Bogan down and told him to go to my quarters, "I'm sorry if my parenting bothers you, but I'm just trying to be a good father," I stated "you must realise that he is undisciplined, not what a jedi should be," she argued "seriously? You think that I can control him to the point of being disciplined? Sorry but he only listens to nobody that much, not even me. He is the embodiment of chaos after all," I replied "I am well aware of what he is, I just fear that he will be more and more destructive as he gets older," "I know he will, why do you think only me, Master Windu and Master Yoda train him? It's to keep him somewhat controlled," "might I suggest putting him in carbonite if he gets too much," she said, okay she surely knows what I'm like when it comes to my family, "you say anything like that about my son, or either of my children for that matter, again you'll be wishing you were dead," I growled "do not threaten a jedi master," she ordered "you just said to put my four year old son in carbonite, how do you expect me to react?" I argued "just a solution to such a dark presence, it's better than death," Unduli replied. I then out of nowhere shocked her with force lightning, "you say anything negative about my family again, you will die," I snarled over her screams of agony.

I got back to my quarters to find Bogan and Ashla in the bed with Ahsoka, being read a story. I smiled at the scene and walked over, "can I be read a story?" I asked sitting on my side of the bed "no! You're a meany!" Bogan exclaimed "and what have I done that's mean? Hmm?" I asked "you interrupted Mommy!" He yelled "my most humble apologies, but I want to listen too," I replied crossing my arms "he can listen to the story too," Ahsoka said with a cough "hey what's wrong?" I asked "nothing, it was just a cough," she replied although I know she's saying that because the kids are here "could you two give us a few minutes to talk?" I asked "why?" Ashla asked "and what do we do?" Bogan groaned "we need to have a grown up talk, you can go play with Uncle Ani," I replied, they immediately got up and ran out.
"Tell me what's wrong," I said pulling Ahsoka into my arms "I already told you, nothings wrong," she replied, I looked into her head and knew she was lying "Ahsoka, we've known each other since before we were the kids' age, we sleep and eat and do pretty much everything together and have done pretty much our whole lives. You can tell me the truth," I said "I won't judge," she just looked at me with a small but sad smile "nothing you need to worry about, don't worry," she assured but I was having none of it "Ahsoka, tell me the truth. You know I worry," I replied "please," I added. Ahsoka looked at me with a frown before looking at her stomach, "I... haven't been eating, as in anything and how you've not noticed is beyond me," she said. I frowned harder and pulled her closer, "why didn't you tell me?" I asked "I didn't tell you because of how much you worry about me, you'd go all insane and end up using the force to 'heal' me," she explained. I leaned in and kissed her lips, "how do you want me to react? I love you, and I can't help but be protective, hell, I've used the force to make you immortal too, I can't lose you," I said "I want you to not worry as much, it's unhealthy," she replied "it may be unhealthy but you're just as bad," I argued "I never said I'm not," Ahsoka said and slowly fell asleep.