O4

Chapter 4

"What are we gonna do with her?" " I don't know, this is your job" "I can't just tell her " " Not my problem." I heard voices say. " What are they talking about? Do what? With who? Tell who what? " I thought. I stayed silent and kept still. I wanted to hear more. " C'mon Jackie, help me with this one. Besides, we're in this together." " No, you never help me with anything, I could beg and pour my eyes and soul out to you and you wouldn't do shit .. and you've got a nerve to be my damn sister." " That's not true I- " she was cut off. " Save it Alena. Don't need you to ruin my day with your bullshit." I heard footsteps and a door slam. I slowly opened my eyes. "Mornin' Sunshine" she said. "Hey, what happened there?" I said, hoping to get some information. " Oh you heard that, nothin' just something unusual with my sister." she said uneasy. " So I'm guessing you're Alena?" I said. " Front and center! " she said with a fake smile. "So you're my assigned nurse?" I asked. " Yup." she said blankly.

Alena gave me medicine and and she brung me my breakfast. I didn't feel at home. I wanted to leave. " Can I go home now?" I asked sounding a bit agitated. " Um, uh, no, not at the,um, moment. " Alena said sounding nervous. " Why? " I asked. " Because, um, I, uh, you, um, I gotta go. " she left out. What was going on here? Why couldn't she tell me? Did I do something wrong? Did it have to do with what they were talking about earlier? If so, why couldn't I know?

"A lot of things are weird around here.." I thought. I don't know what's going on around here..

But, I'm going to find out.