O1

Chapter 1

" Elmara Goodings " I write in my journal. I leave a blank space for my " surprising " entry for when my day is over. I put down my book & slide it under my bed where nobody can find it since it's so messy. Boy, I don't like my room like this, but I don't feel like cleaning it. Today's the day I go to the hospital, I've been having serious headaches, and with more pain than usual.

" Sweetheart, it's time to go ! " my mother yells from downstairs. " Okay Mom ! " I yell back. I fix my black - leather jean jacket and give my hair a few brushes and head out. I walk down the stairs and see my mother, Danielle. I feel a sensation of loneliness, knowing that my mother is still depressed that my father, Michael, left her 2 years ago.
"Come on, we have to hurry" she says sighing. " Your father would've loved to see you like that .." she says " No denying that he wouldn't have ." I walk to her and cup her hands in mine. " I'm sure he would have mom" I say smiling softly. We both walk out the house and walk in the car. Mom starts the engine and we pull off. She rides down the street gracefully, I look out the window and see a little girl in a pink dress and a black jacket with ballet slippers on her feet, she had long brunette hair, with a tiara on her head and a pretend magic wand with sparkles all over her, it pulls me back into my memories , me being 5, I wanted to look just like that, but I couldn't because we didn't have enough money. As I feel tears coming I wipe them away. " We're here " my mom said, waking me out of my daydream. We get out the car and walk into the hospital.
" Good morning, please check in " said the woman at the front desk. My mother signed in and we walked towards the elevator. Then it happened .. my migraine started, forcing pain into my temples. Like a knife in the head. This one was worse than all of my migraines. Then, I stopped breathing. I tried to gasp for air, my mother right by my side. I tried to grab anything and everything, I scratched on the counters of the front desk, leaving marks, trying to grab something stable. I felt as if I was going to die. There was no way out of this. I tried to grab a hold onto my mother. It was too late. My body fell limp and slammed on the floor, my body was numb, I couldn't feel anything. My head hit the back of the floor, making my migraine worse. That was it. "Everything is over now, it ends here .."I thought. I soon blacked out.