#006 ★ ━ suspicion

☆ albedo's pov

I got into the car and left the house. I didn't want to tell Y/N why I was leaving or what I talked about with Jean, but I felt so guilty. No matter how many times anyone would tell me that it wasn't my fault, I still feel like it was my fault.

I got out of my car and walked to Venti's front door. The house was quite packed inside. Venti welcomed me in; everyone seemed pretty gloomy. "Leave... Albedo..."

Venti looked very, very tired. He had eyebags, and his face looked like he was about to pass out. Jean, on the other hand, had fallen asleep along with Ganyu. Keqing was nowhere to be seen. Hutao was sitting in a corner alone, and Qiqi looked confused.

"What happened here?"

"I... I've... been... awake... for... four...ty... eight...h-" He got cut off by his yawning, but I understood what he meant. I picked up Venti from the ground and put him slowly onto a chair. Qiqi walked over toward me, looking terrified.

I heard her mumble my name quietly, "M-Mr.. Albedo..?"

Albedo looked down and gave her an apologetic smile, "Hello Qiqi, could you explain what's been going on?"

"Bad person come. Yanfei hurt. Hutao sad. Keqing run. Jean pass out. Ganyu asleep. Venti scared. Qiqi watch."

'Bad person'? Someone probably broke in. But where is Keqing? She's usually good at handling stuff like this.

I took a quick glance at everyone; people were mostly unconscious, except for one person, Hutao. I walked over to the corner she was sitting in. "Hu Tao?"

No response.

"Hu Tao?"

Still no response.

"Hu Tao..?"

In a matter of seconds, she looked up. Her eyes were red, probably from sleepless nights. She had smudged eyeshadow and dried tears. "Are you okay?" She didn't respond; instead, she looked at someone directly behind me. I looked behind me to see a masked figure; she tried to attack me, but someone grabbed her.

"Y/N?"

"Go, go, run away!" Without hesitation, I nodded and grabbed Qiqi and got out of the house. I got in the car with her and drove away.

[ ☆ ]

I managed to beat up the intruder. I walked up to Hu Tao, who seemed to be in distress. I got up to her and sat down. "Hey Tao, you good?" At first, she mumbled on her words, but I managed to calm her down.

"What happened here?"

"Someone was following me! I was panicking, and I tried to run to the nearest house, so I barged inside Venti's! But I didn't know there were so many people inside or that they would get hurt as well! And now everyone's hurt because of me! Do you see Y/N? I'm a monster! I hurt all my friends!" But why were they following her? From the looks of it, she wasn't carrying anything valuable.

I took Hutao's hand and took her to the bedroom for her to lay down. I looked around to see if anyone else was conscious, Venti. "Hey Venti."

"Hey Y/N.." He yawned.

"You okay, bud?"

"I'm fine?" Without any more talking, I took Venti's arm and put him on the couch next to Jean, carefully. Ganyu was still lying on the carpet right in front of Jean. I tried to shake her and wake her up, but she stayed still. "Shit, what do I do..."

I slowly walked to the intruder and grabbed their body, putting them outside. The cops were already called by Albedo. I heard a sudden notification on my phone; my brother texted me. It was weird since he usually just calls me immediately.